The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Glad to be home. 3 dogs is visiting and is currently resting.

I've a bit of work to do. All is ok. Im just thinking about the summer.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Am going to have a good weekend. I have an idea of my timetable for next year and am going to star planning from next week.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 16 June 2018 at 5:27PM
    Options
    It's not raining here but v windy. Perfect for clothes drying but not nice enough to go out in.

I might just tidy today. I'm having a lazy day. I was going to a carboot this morning but was just too tired to move.

In 11 working days I am on hols. That's all I can think about!!!! My new salary will mean I earn £100 extra a month I think. Not a lot but enough to allow a few luxuries. I'm going to focus on the financial benefits as I don't really like the job so much.

Im feeling a bit down this weekend. Roll on the hols.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    Options
    Jammy - 11 working days!! I've got 25, well 24 if you don't count my transition day with my new class on Wednesday :):):)
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    lol. So glad. Please let the weather be nice.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I did a food shop of £26.00 plus travel of £9. Blood sugars crackers so I rested.

I am deciding what I will do over the summer. I will have the inevitable lesson planning but I fancy going bonkers and planting lots more cute plants in the garden. It'll be inspiring.

I keep looking at fleabay. There is nothing I want but I keep looking. I must be good and not waste money.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    In total I have spent £3.00 over the last few days at work. Most of this was for other people.

It looks like there will be a heatwave over the next week. I am trying to do some work everyday and then rest as I feel so tired.
    I had a tummy bug so I haven't jogged this week. Once i feel stronger I will start up again.

I cannot wait to sit in the garden this weekend and chill. If possible I will try to visit a carboot.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I hope you are feeling better SW. I've been sleeping a lot too this week and am not looking forward to the heatwave next week. I hope you enjoy the car boot
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    edited 22 June 2018 at 9:53PM
    Options
    I am following your advice to clear my cc bill I am going to make sure I don't do anything that isn't essential. Hence car boot is cancelled.

Instead I am doing some grass mowing and ironing. My bug is back so I will have to pop to pharmacy to buy something. I bought some glitchy household things today from local cornershop saving quite a bit of money. Total spend today £10 ( I had to buy sarnies at work too (they were cool as kept in fridge) and I couldn't risk taking my homemade sarnies in with the heat they might have triggered my tummy again). Blood sugars a bit crackers hoping they will calm down when this bug does.

There is only one week till wages come in and 3 days till rent comes in from lodger. So happy. I might be scrimping now but in July I will have next months wages without any cc bills so I can chill for 6 weeks. This using cash payments malarkey without using cc is great. It has made me think twice every time I spend. Although I have bought presents for people and gifts for students I really haven't bought anything wasteful as I think twice before every purchase now.

I think I am the only one at work that isn't going abroad which colleagues don't understand but if it means I can save I shan't mind. I keep thinking of Dave Ramsay's advice 'live like no one else so you can live like no one else' (later).
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    What a glorious sunny day.

Tummy bug is still here. I have been given medicine by pharmacist and advice. I had to spend about £3. How cool is that?

Today I am washing clothes, line drying, ironing, mowing grass and sitting outside in the sun!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure