Do Asda still accept coupons for money off if they stock the product?

I haven't used Asda for a long time as I have a Tesco nearby but I'm thinking that if they still accept coupons like they used to (genuine coupons not photocopies I mean) I may start to collect them together again and start to shop there again.

Thanks for any knowledge.
mrs tooti-frooti

Comments

• Yes Asda do still accept coupons. I only use my coupons at Asda and Morrisons as I am in a small town now so they are my only 2 options. Both of them accept printable coupons as well as manufacturers coupons. I have a copy of their coupon policy in my coupon binder which I found on their website. It won't let me paste the link but if you go on their site and type Coupon Policy on the help section it's there. I verified it with head office as well.

So long as you follow the terms and conditions then they have no issue. I advise you to print the page off and take it with you if you do plan to coupon as some cashiers try to tell you that you can't use coupons such as printable ones as they don't have the holographic thing on them. I contacted Asda HQ about that issue as the cashier still refused after being shown the coupon policy which is on their website and I got a £5 apology gift card. So long as you have the correct item and size if it states one then you are all good! xxx
  • dlusman wrote: »

From the link you posted...

"Can I redeem my coupons and vouchers in stores?

We accept all manufacturers' coupons (including internet coupons) in line with the terms and conditions of each one. You must buy the product to redeem the coupon."

So - yes?
    Every act of kindness, no matter how small, isn’t wasted ❤️
    "It’ll be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright - it’s not the end"
    Every pound we spend is a vote for the sort of world we want

2021 wins - 1
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 17 March 2018 at 12:09PM
    From the link you posted...

"Can I redeem my coupons and vouchers in stores?

We accept all manufacturers' coupons (including internet coupons) in line with the terms and conditions of each one. You must buy the product to redeem the coupon."

So - yes?
    But that is not the question being asked. The original question was
    "still accept coupons like they used to"
    i.e. do they accept coupons for any product that the stock , without you having to buy the actual stated product. For example , you used to be able to go in with coupons for ABC and use them to buy XYZ.
    They stopped this policy , and now only accept coupons if you buy the correct product
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Yes Asda do still accept coupons. I only use my coupons at Asda and Morrisons as I am in a small town now so they are my only 2 options. Both of them accept printable coupons as well as manufacturers coupons. I have a copy of their coupon policy in my coupon binder which I found on their website. It won't let me paste the link but if you go on their site and type Coupon Policy on the help section it's there. I verified it with head office as well.

So long as you follow the terms and conditions then they have no issue. I advise you to print the page off and take it with you if you do plan to coupon as some cashiers try to tell you that you can't use coupons such as printable ones as they don't have the holographic thing on them. I contacted Asda HQ about that issue as the cashier still refused after being shown the coupon policy which is on their website and I got a £5 apology gift card. So long as you have the correct item and size if it states one then you are all good! xxx
    See my post #5 as to why this doesnt answer the original question
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,849 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    The question posed was "Do Asda still allow you to take the pee with coupons" and the correct answer was "No, you now have to purchase the relevant product".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure