Hello all,

I’m looking for some help. I’m trying to get a mortgage. So today I looked up my credit file.

I had an old CCJ from 2 years ago. After I looked up what’s on my file I have seen the same company that gave me the CCJ have now just added a default on my file from last month. I’m not sure sure what has happened they never sent me a letter or anything but have now added defaults.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Comments

• Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Has this amount been previously defaulted? A debt can only be defaulted once.
    If the default has not previously been reported, then it is correct that it should be added to your file. However, the default date must be correct. They cant show a default date of last month for example if the default actually occurred over 2 years ago.
    Has the ccj been paid? Is it showing as settled or what?
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    Has this amount been previously defaulted? A debt can only be defaulted once.
    If the default has not previously been reported, then it is correct that it should be added to your file. However, the default date must be correct. They cant show a default date of last month for example if the default actually occurred over 2 years ago.
    Has the ccj been paid? Is it showing as settled or what?

I don!!!8217;t think most of this matters.

Registering a default 2 years after a CCJ is clearly incorrect. A default is a !!!8220;breakdown of the relationship between a creditor and debtor.!!!8221; If such a breakdown occurred, the latest that would have happened was when they filed for a CCJ, and in almost all cases at least several months prior to that.

If the default date is indeed last month, rather than them adding a default dated 2-ish years ago, the OP needs to open a complaint.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    What is this .!!!8221 that I am seeing so often?
  • Emily_Joy
    Emily_Joy Posts: 1,228 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 5 March 2018 at 12:09AM

Let me google that for you:

Unicode decimal Code & 8217;
    Symbol Name: Right Single Quotation Mark
    Html Entry: ’
    Hex Code: & x2019;

The forum's script automatically replaces & by !!!, hence error.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,833 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic

It is a known error, and a solution is been sought.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure