ESA Work Capability assessment. Please help

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Extreme useful advice and info given by one of our members Alice Holt. I copied and pasted this to put here.

"I think newcomers to this forum need to bear in mind that this is a public site on which anyone can post. You can't assume information is trustworthy, indeed some posters are known to disrupt, post disinformation, and tell tall stories.

I would caution newcomers to be wary of any advice supplied that doesn't contain a link to an authoritative site. Such sites include adviceguide, entitled to, turn2us, revenuebenefits.
    Accredited benefit advice is available from local advice agencies such as Citizens Advice.

Please don't take horror stories about benefit assessments, appeals etc at face value. There are posters on here who whose aim seems to be to alarm, frighten, and generally dissuade OP's from pursuing sensible actions to claim / regain the right benefits.

Harmful and misleading posters are easily identified by the reaction to their posts."
  • Danday
    Danday Posts: 436 Forumite
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Extreme useful advice and info given by one of our members Alice Holt. I copied and pasted this to put here.

"I think newcomers to this forum need to bear in mind that this is a public site on which anyone can post. You can't assume information is trustworthy, indeed some posters are known to disrupt, post disinformation, and tell tall stories.

I would caution newcomers to be wary of any advice supplied that doesn't contain a link to an authoritative site. Such sites include adviceguide, entitled to, turn2us, revenuebenefits.
    Accredited benefit advice is available from local advice agencies such as Citizens Advice.

Please don't take horror stories about benefit assessments, appeals etc at face value. There are posters on here who whose aim seems to be to alarm, frighten, and generally dissuade OP's from pursuing sensible actions to claim / regain the right benefits.

Harmful and misleading posters are easily identified by the reaction to their posts."

Reactions to members posts tends to be where opinion is divided. If we were to assume that if every member had a reaction to their posting then everybody would be assumed to be a troll.
  • Danday
    Tommo1980 wrote: »
    Only the made up bits.... so that's pretty much everything.
    Clairvoyant as well. You have no evidence to suggest any such thing. My comments in post 7 are entirely true as can be evidenced by any decent agency website.
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Danday wrote: »
    Clairvoyant as well. You have no evidence to suggest any such thing. My comments in post 7 are entirely true as can be evidenced by any decent agency website.

Citations please

Thank you.
  • Good luck with your assessment,not everyone needs to send evidence with their ESA50 I didn't and got support group with no f2f first time I applied.
  • poppy12345
    Good luck with your assessment,not everyone needs to send evidence with their ESA50 I didn't and got support group with no f2f first time I applied.
    I'm not sure how you got the Support Group without any evidence and without an assessment too. :eek: Did they contact any medical professionals for evidence?

Evidence is a very important part to claiming ESA or any other disability benefit. I wouldn't advice anyone to claim any of them without sending any evidence.
  • Danday
    I'm not sure how you got the Support Group without any evidence and without an assessment too. :eek: Did they contact any medical professionals for evidence?

Evidence is a very important part to claiming ESA or any other disability benefit. I wouldn't advice anyone to claim any of them without sending any evidence.

What would happen if you didn't have any evidence? Not make the claim? If you only had evidence for say the physical difficulties and nothing that is less than 2 years old for mental health, would you make the claim for the mental health difficulties or dismiss them and concentrate of those elements that you do have evidence for?

In an ideal world everyone that makes a claim for either ESA, DLA or PIP would have evidence supporting every aspect of their difficulties bound neatly in a file, in date order and be no older than 2 years. That simply very rarely happens. So you rely on telling the truth on the claim form only which is probably what the poster did.
  • sandra1980123
    sandra1980123 Posts: 30 Forumite
    edited 9 April 2018 at 11:48AM

As it was my first claim I didn't know that I needed to send evidence and no they didn't contact my doctor,I got the decision makers report and all it said was I meet a support group descriptor so it must have been clear from my ESA50 that I meet the descriptor.

I'm not the only one I have heard of few people who got esa with no f2f and no medical evidence apart from sick notes including my nephew who didn't have a f2f either and got support group and on my reassessment I got support group again with evidence that isn't medical so I have got support group twice without medical evidence.

It also depends on how well you fill in the ESA50 on reassessment I forgot to write probably the most important thing about my condition and had to go for a f2f the nurse tried to kick me out of support group but the decision maker took one look at my evidence that I took with me to the assessment and kept me in support group this time I am under reg35.

I am due to be reassessed again soon and I won't be making any mistakes this time and should get another paperbased.
  • Danday wrote: »
    What would happen if you didn't have any evidence? Not make the claim? If you only had evidence for say the physical difficulties and nothing that is less than 2 years old for mental health, would you make the claim for the mental health difficulties or dismiss them and concentrate of those elements that you do have evidence for?

In an ideal world everyone that makes a claim for either ESA, DLA or PIP would have evidence supporting every aspect of their difficulties bound neatly in a file, in date order and be no older than 2 years. That simply very rarely happens. So you rely on telling the truth on the claim form only which is probably what the poster did.

As it was my first claim I didn't know that I was supposed to send evidence and you can use evidence that is older than 2 years for mental health i used evidence that was 3 years old last year on my reassessment and I will be using it again on my next reassessment.
  • poppy12345
    Danday wrote: »

As i stated before to you, evidence doesn't have to be within the last 2 years! I have no idea why you keep saying this. I've used evidence that's much older than that for PIP and ESA and i'm in Support Group and claim standard daily living and Enhanced mobility. Last ESA review i was kept in the Support Group without the need for an assessment. You keep making mountains out of mole hills but why?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure