Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Savvy_sewing
Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
My previous threads here have been about my struggles etc bringing up my family and now my Granddaughter, building a business on little funds and a lot of faith.
Titles suggested often are linked to my sewing, but this year I want to be different. No more Struggle!

This year is all about Managing it!
Getting on top of the hiccups and the pitfalls.
Managing to say NO more often.
Managing to cut my Debts.
Managing to raise my Income levels.
Managing to make my Business even better.
Managing to block time for the things I want to do.
Managing to create a better home life.
Managing to raise above the fire fighting and being ready to tackle issues before the fire.

So here is the start.
I am due to go out celebrating the New Year this evening with my BF, and Welcome Home my DGD tomorrow.
I will expand on my goals and plans over the next few days, and follow through the next 12 months.
See you along the way.
Without my fellow MSE!!!8217;ers I probably would have had a much tougher ride than I had.

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]
When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.

Comments

• ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,840 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 January 2018 at 5:00PM
    A positive title, well done.

I am ready to read!

Happy New Year
  • Savvy_sewing
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5579476
    The old thread if you need to know the past. ( or some of it!).
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Happy shiny new diary :)
    Look forward to your posts.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Happy New Year Mooloo :) May lots of good things happen for you.
  • Glad i found you
  • A lovely positive title and opening post Mooloo - will be along for the ride.

Here's to a great 2018
  • Great title Mooloo. Happy New Year to you xx
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Great title Mooloo. Happy New Year to you xx

^^^ Ditto. :)
    All the Best for 2018, Mooloo.
  • Savvy_sewing
    We are already at the end of the first day!
    BF went home around 10.30 afterwe had used the last of the bacon and bread for breakfast.
    I went to Biggests via a quick trip to my Mum, to meet up with Twin1, and Dgd, and both families. Twin1, dgs5, and her partner managed to stay for about an hour but then left to drive home. Dgd played all afternoon with dgd2. Dgs4 slept most of the time. DS wasn’t able to join us, so I have told him that I will be going to visit him at 2pm tomorrow to see my grandsons. I will not be taking no for an answer. I may have to put up with their mother being around, but if I want to see the boys I have no choice.
    Dgd is now happily playing with the lego I bought her for Christmas, and watching one of the Harry Potter films I recorded over the last few days.
    Twin1 is very depressed, I have told her that she needs to get out and make new friends. Two years in Kent and she doesn’t know anyone except his family. That’s not good.

Biggest confided in me that the debts they are in are quite huge, and that she has to work even though she is finding it hard to do. But she has also said that if I do need to get another Seamstress then I will have to tell her and she would leave. But she is aiming to stay at the moment.
    I am not sure if my Saturday girl will stay as already she has told me she cannot do the first weekend back. She has a dance thing in Blackpool.
    I replied that she needed to be telling me changes at least a month in advance because I am teaching on Saturday and I have pupils booked in.
    I said that perhaps I ought to look at getting someone to do alternate weekends etc so that I have the opportunity to still teach. She did not respond to me so I am not sure if she will come to work or not, but I cannot run a business if I am held to ransom on staff times off!
    If she is not happy with my decision then she will probably leave. If she understands all well and good, but she let me down in December so I am wondering about the future.

I will eventually still need a Seamstress as I definitely want to build the lessons side of things.

Time to make a cuppa and look at my to do list for tomorrow.

No Spends Day. 1.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    You are a better woman than me.
    The stress of staff would be very difficult for me.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure