PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Good Morning Peeps,

Please have a hug or a cheer, or both!

1. I seem to have woken up 1 hr later than normal. This is good, as I am not good at sleeping!

2. Two fab lessons today........made Xmas decorations. There was a lot of glitter!

3. I have managed to tick some things off my to do list.

4. Murder on the Orient Express.....looked beautiful........Murder scene was hilarious!!!!!!! :rotfl:

5. Nothing is going right for any of the kids at the moment. When they were small I could just step in on their behalf and complain to a teacher, coach, other parent etc.........now all I can do is offer advice, support, cups of tea. I suppose the pleasure is that they are still talking to us, and asking for advice. :(

Have a lovely day. :)
  • 1) The Oreo child has two bottom teeth!

2) Photos of the Zebra child being an angel at his nursery Nativity yesterday.

3) Hilarious 'skype' with them in the afternoon where the Zebra child would only speak 'elephant'!

4) Trip to the garden centre to see the reindeer, one of whom was so tame and people friendly he stood with his lovely furry nose through the enclosure railings next to the nearest group of visitors and moved to other groups as folks moved away, beautiful boy!

5) Booked to see 'Murder on the Orient Express' this afternoon and having supper out (where as yet undecided!).
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Sorry to read about your Dad'd prognosis VJsMum x
    Oh naughty Haggis, speeding get well vibes whinging their way from Rosie and Tilly.
    That is incredibly sad about your friend Frith x

Wednesday pleasures,

We won £50 on the premium bonds :j it's just that when the email comes through saying congratulations you do wonder for a minute could it be the big one......

Lulu continues to be a delight, loving but very testing and exasperating all at once, apparently 5 year old horses are the equine equivalent of teenagers, yup that just about sums it up!

Talking of which DB and DSIL have flown to Venice for 20th WA leaving two teenagers home alone, how our darling parents must be looking down and laughing at the possible payback for all those parties :rotfl:

Eldest hollow legged one over for his tea so did a mid-week roast with choc fudge pudding for afters which he practically inhaled.

Watched football and being a Liverpool supporter he was quite pleased with their result.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    A small collection.
    1. Having bought standard crutches last year, which were completely unsuitable for me, I took a deep breath, and invested in open-cuff, aka gutter crutches. Rather than having a narrow plastic ring around the arm, gutter crutches support the back of the forearm and help to spread the load.

Well, they are fine. Having spent the last three to four years bent over a pair of walking sticks, I am now upright again. It feels odd, to be honest.
    As if I've suddenly grown four to five inches.
    I took the tripod ferrules off my walking sticks, after some zestful tugging, and put them on the crutches.

If you ever need a stick or crutches, don't get the clunky, ugly NHS ones, but invest in narrower ones, as these are the ones the tripod ferrules fit. They make a hell of a difference.

2. Great night at the live music club.

3. Friend was doing a shift at a local nursing home (she lives about twenty miles away) and popped in to see me. Lovely to have her company for half-an-hour. She also took the bulky crutches box out to my waste storage area for me, and made me a cuppa. My kind of visitor. She was duly rewarded with a rather nice toiletries bag that was looking for a home.

4. Quick chat on phone with my brother, who was very ill earlier this year, and is now so much better.

5. Thoughts, Vjsmum, I share your annoyance at the vagueness, and oh, Haggis, whatever next!
    It's so easily done, though I didn't know vine fruits were quite so toxic. I'm sure my OE Sheepdog had some mince pie in her time, in the days before we knew better. Although possibly not, as she wouldn't eat jam.
    She was a very smart dog, it has to be said. Sorry Haggis, I'm sure you are too, but you are a Lab, after all...
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning all - thanks for the good wishes. The shock is subsiding and we trundle on. Currently working (waiting for something to download) in the First Class Lounge at Euston before going to the hospital.

Pleasures for yesterday (now, more than ever, i need to log my pleasures. my own mental health has been iffy in the past and I need to take care of it)

1. Dad has been told. This, obviously, isn't a pleasure. but he did take it all in and is anxious to be home. he accepts that that is what we are all trying to do. I wasn't there but my sister and brothers were
    2. My lovely family - especially DD who has been a sweetheart but even DS, who is not known to be demonstrative sent a message saying "i hope you are ok"
    3. Went christmas shopping with DD and had lunch. Excellent diversion and I think it is now the case that if necessary everyone would have something - even if some things are not complete
    4. OH cooked roast chicken dinner - eating properly is part of my self-preservation
    5. Did two loads of washing. Just trying to keep up with everything when i can in case there is a sudden crisis.

Have a good day all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Seems that BoP's sweat in the boiler room this week is leading to a loss of normal service. please be advised that BoP is well watered and fed and normal service will resume shortly. in the meantime, here's what has happened this day!

5 The wind in the mill has changed much this morning, that the boat has run off course. Rescue ships have been sighted and all will be well tomorrow!

4 Lunch today, in BoP's Munch Box, was salad and delight of Turkish. Jaffa cakes, due to be sold in decimal packets from the French, are on the non approved foods list.

3 BoPsie has removed from the freezer a curry. This will be tea later, served with fresh egg fried rice! More later.

PM2DD see se has five teams in the Champions league, a record!

In case you missed other posts by BoP, they are available here!
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    1. Only spent £3 at the school fair tonight.

2. Lovely PTA chair gave me a glass of wine and a veggie hot dog :)

3. Good chats with a couple of chums on WhatsApp.

4. The support of KW - it looks less likely that I'll be able to get the mortgage I need, but I'm still keeping everything crossed.

5. A glass of wine!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,148 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I'm glad your family are all looking out for each other, VJsmum.

Pleasures for today (still only Thursday)

1) Not a bad sleep despite the storm blowing and waking next door's dog up who then had a little bark.

2) Went to my great aunty's again in stage 2 of trying to sort her money out a bit. My mum did the bank phoning bit (thank goodness) while I secretly threw away another bag of old catalogues and empty used envelopes and cleared a pack of rotten meat and some mouldy food from the kitchen. :-(

3) Had lunch out with my mum and our local farm shop.

4) Got offered some election work by the local council for next year.

5) Took smaller son to have his hair cut at last.

6) Tasty tea of the assessed pizza smaller son cooked at school (proper bread dough, HM sauce etc), beans and chips then raspberry Eton Mess.

7) Enjoyed Holby tonight then I'm a Celebrity.
  • bagpuss38
    bagpuss38 Posts: 704 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thursday pleasures

1. Peaceful day at work
    2. Lift to and from work in nice warm car
    3. Snorkers, mash and onion gravy perfect winter food.
    4. Another chapter read of my text book.
    5. In bed with my cuppa
    Night all x
    SIMPLY BE-££577.11:eek:
    Very BNPL - £353.00:o
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,198 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good morning! It's all snowy here :) ( until I have to drive later!)

My babies are all safely home ...my house is a mess.

They're all wide awake with jet lag

The dog is still in vet hospital but doing okay. Went to visit him for 20 minutes before kids came.

Lunch of rolls & sliced sausage & lentil soup

Dinner with 4 of us & DN, NIL & GN .spag Bol or macaroni. I had macaroni

Snow
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family