2 FOR 1 London days out loophole

Options

Comments

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I managed to use all of my 2 for 1 vouchers over the bank holiday weekend. All the places we visited, with the exception of the Cabinet War Rooms asked to see our train tickets. We only had zone 1-6 underground tickets but everywhere accepted them.

Not much use to anyone now that the vouchers have expired, but might be good to keep in mind for next year
  • Infidel
    Infidel Posts: 1,226 Forumite
    Options
    I got into everywhere i wanted to go with my 2 for 1's (ithout having to show rail tickets) except M.Tussauds where the guy working there was really rude and arrogant.
    Instigated terrorism the road to dictatorship.
  • Jai
    Jai Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Just wanted to ask, as the oyster card is taking over the underground and the use of PAYG Caps, would they still accept an Oyster card for the 2 4 1 redemption??
    Thanks
    Jai
  • starlite_2
    starlite_2 Posts: 2,428 Forumite
    Options
    They don't accept oyster for overground train journeys so I would say definitly not..
    Membre Of Teh Misspleing Culb
  • waster_2
    waster_2 Posts: 498 Forumite
    Options
    starlite wrote:
    They don't accept oyster for overground train journeys so I would say definitly not..

Not strictly true. They do accept Oyster Cards on National Rail but only at certain stations that have Oyster card readers at start and finish of the journey. Normally stations that share an Underground connection. Deatils on TfL website
  • fie1977
    Options
    Just got 2for1 vouchers to visit Kew Gardens today - saving £9.50. The website https://www.daysoutguide.co.uk is a bit of a dog to use though. For example you have to select the drop down box for No of Children and enter 0 if you have none and you must chose a 2nd and 3rd choice attraction. Still, worth the hassle.
  • dirtyepic
    Options
    I've just printed off the list of some of the attractions where you can use the train ticket.

We are travelling GNER to London on Friday 17.11.06
    We will be buying all day zones 1-4 travelcard for Friday Saturday and Sunday
    We are travelling back to Newcastle on Sunday 19.11.06

Can someone please confirm this is correct:

We decide where we might want to go, we print off the voucher from the London2for1 website, we take along either our train tickets or travelcard for that particular day and we get a nice big bargain?

Is this true or am I reading this all wrong?

Cheers

Terri
    DEBT FREE SINCE SEPTEMBER 2015 :beer::beer::beer:
  • oddsocksjamie
    Options
    i know this might be a silly question, but when i choose the 3 top attractions i would like to visit it only displays 1 voucher per attration. do i simply print off 3 or 4 copies if i want more?

jamie
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    offer now running until June 07
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure