Euro Car Parts - misleading advertising?

Comments

• Sainsburys tell me I can 'Live well for Less' yet my shopping bill has slowly risen!

Just a catchphrase.
  • IanMSpencer
    IanMSpencer Posts: 1,517
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Always surprises me on this forum how few people seem to be aware of what their rights are and how over the years people complaining about advertising have slowly cleaned up the way business is done. What's wrong with a bit of hyperbole - unfair competition. If they create the impression that they are the place to come to for difficult to find parts when they are no better than an honestly advertised alternative company, then they are cheating.

So, I would certainly complain to ASA, however, in the grand scheme of things it is not a particularly damaging misleading claim and don't put too much effort into it.

I think a lot of people here simply don't understand how bad things used to be, and if people don't take honest advertising seriously then one day some politician might take it upon themselves to turn the clock back. You really wouldn't believe what people got away with in the 1970s before the BBC through Consumer Unit and That's Life together with Which? created the momentum that ended up with the various consumer acts we have today.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Sainsburys tell me I can 'Live well for Less' yet my shopping bill has slowly risen!

Tesco keep telling me their products are the finest, that's not true either...
    ====
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,276
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Sainsburys tell me I can 'Live well for Less' yet my shopping bill has slowly risen!

Just a catchphrase.

If you want to live well for less, you need to be shopping somewhere other than Sainsbury's.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • Have you tried Autodoc.co.uk? They have a lot more parts than ECP.
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,097
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Always surprises me on this forum how few people seem to be aware of what their rights are and how over the years people complaining about advertising have slowly cleaned up the way business is done. What's wrong with a bit of hyperbole - unfair competition. If they create the impression that they are the place to come to for difficult to find parts when they are no better than an honestly advertised alternative company, then they are cheating.

So, I would certainly complain to ASA, however, in the grand scheme of things it is not a particularly damaging misleading claim and don't put too much effort into it.

I think a lot of people here simply don't understand how bad things used to be, and if people don't take honest advertising seriously then one day some politician might take it upon themselves to turn the clock back. You really wouldn't believe what people got away with in the 1970s before the BBC through Consumer Unit and That's Life together with Which? created the momentum that ended up with the various consumer acts we have today.

Do they not do this every autumn!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • gord115
    gord115 Posts: 1,063
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I eat an apple a day and last year a doctor had to put a finger up my 'arris.

It's all lies I tell you, LIES LIES LIES
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,350
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    DFS keep telling me their sale is ending on monday.AFAIK their sale has been never ending for the past 30 years or more

OP you need to return and add the word SCAM in the title
  • mollycat
    mollycat Posts: 1,475
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Tesco told me, "every little helps".

Didn't "help" very much when I got a "little" kicking from the local neds down at the chipper last night.

When will somebody do something?
  • oldagetraveller
    oldagetraveller Posts: 3,653 Forumite
    edited 14 April 2018 at 10:52AM
    FabFifty wrote: »
    I've just telephoned Euro Car Parts based on their claim "any part for any car". I need a Mitsubishi bumper and headlamp unit but was told they couldn't help. I only phoned on the basis of their claim and was told that they could get at least one part for any car but not all parts for all cars. Surely this is misleading advertising? Has anyone else had this problem with Euro Car Parts?

As you have witnessed, FabFifty, the usual clique gang up to satisfy their inflated egos and belittle/berate a poster.
    They're nothing more or better than a gang of schoolyard bullys.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure