Lloyd’s PPI claim news

I’ve received a letter from Lloyd’s bank this morning regarding my PPI complaint from 2016 on an old credit card. They have stated that their final decision is “unable to agree that your PPI policy was mis-sold” however information indicates that an “unfair relationship was created during the sale of PPI”.
They are sending me a cheque for this unfair relationship but not actually PPI.
A cheque will arrive within 28 days and my complaint has been closed.
My question is I have 6 months to complain to FOS but if I accept the cheque does that mean I accept the outcome?? Or is it 2 separate things??? Any advice appreciated

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    No point referring a Plevin refund to the Ombudsman since you won't ever get any more than a full refund (plus interest) of the undisclosed commission.

On what basis would you refer??? Your original complaint from 2016 failed and you cannot some revive that complaint four years on...
  • Trislander
    Trislander Posts: 25 Forumite
    Yes my original ppi complaint has been refused by Lloyd!!!8217;s but they are refunding me this unfair relationship refund which i assume is Plevin related.
    So I!!!8217;m basically asking if I cash this cheque (Plevin) do I consider it done with or can I still complain I am unsatisfied with the original ppi complaint?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,904
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Yes my original ppi complaint has been refused by Lloyd!!!8217;s but they are refunding me this unfair relationship refund which i assume is Plevin related.

Correct. Plevin only applies to rejected complaints.
    So I!!!8217;m basically asking if I cash this cheque (Plevin) do I consider it done with or can I still complain I am unsatisfied with the original ppi complaint?

When your complaint was rejected in 2016, you had 6 months to refer it to the FOS. If you didnt do that within 6 months, that is game over. Plevin is a "lucky" bonus for those that failed.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Trislander
    Ahhh I see you what you!!!8217;re getting at now
    My ppi complaint has only just been denied
    To the best of my knowledge it was being left until Plevin was announced
    In all honesty I totally forgot about this complain
    So I only received my ppi decision today from a complaint I made in 2016
    Sorry if it wasn!!!8217;t clear
  • [Deleted User]
    Forumite
    edited 20 May 2018 at 8:32AM
    So it took the Bank two years, rather than eight weeks, to give you the result of your complaint?:eek:
  • Trislander
    Erm nope. 2016
    It!!!8217;s been about 18 months
  • [Deleted User]
    Forumite
    Trislander wrote: »
    about 18 months
    That's still a long time. Are you sure the Bank didn't reject your complaint, but say a Plevin refund might be forthcoming?
  • dunstonh
    Forumite
    If you go the actual rejection in the last 6 months you can appeal the decision with the FOS if you feel their response is wrong.

Your initial posts looked like you were actually rejected back in 2016 rather than more recently.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Trislander
    The last letter I received was one stating that the !!!8220;likelihood !!!8220; is my complaint will be rejected but they are waiting on the Plevin outcome
  • dunstonh
    Forumite
    In which case, if you feel the decision is wrong, you can go to the FOS outlining why you think the bank response was wrong.

Complaints that were on hold didn't trigger the 6-month rule for the FOS.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure