System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ditto what HH says , take care x
  • System
    Options
    Pauline it’s been a few days since we heard from you , are you feeling any better ?
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Are you okay Pauline? Don't stop posting.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi Pauline,

Hope you are starting to feel better:)
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just checking in, hope you are well x
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • 117pauline
    Options
    Thanks everyone for popping by.

I can't believe that this flu, cold, whatever still hasn't gone away. I had a doctor's appointment booked for today but I cancelled as I felt so awful and couldn't work out how to get there! I don't think there is a lot to be done with this bug.

All I have been doing is listening to drama on the radio and sleeping. However I do feel a bit brighter this evening which is good news. I have just had crumpets and tea which I actually enjoyed.

So I have pretty much wasted January. Need to get back to living agaìn I think

Take care
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry you haven't been feeling too well. If it is viral they will just tell you to go away (in a nicer way) as there isn't much they can do.

January has gone by in a flash, I also think its the worst month of the year and I always just want to stay hidden away from the world. Set yourself some small daily goals and once you are feeling better then do try to get out for a walk or just a little fresh air. As you always say, be kind to yourself and do things for you.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • System
    Options
    Good to hear from you Pauline . Sorry to hear you have this awful virus or whatever it is. As I keep saying on my thread I am still off work with it as are lots of other people.

This is about my 3rd week of it all . January is a horrible month anyway so you aren’t missing anything.

Keep your spirits up , will soon be spring .
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Great to see you posting Pauline. Hope you’re a lot better today. Chin up - spring will soon be here!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • 117pauline
    Options
    I was a big brave soldier today - I booked an emergency appointment with my lovely doctor who reassured me that I wasn't wasting her time and she was more cross I had such negative thoughts about her.

Have you noticed that when we make judgements about others views, we think they will be angry or cross or feeling we are wasting their time? Yet we don't feel that about others. I spent ages getting myself into a real state, such wasted emotion.

So the doctor checked me over, gave me some medicine for my breathing and helping manage the anxiety.

I have managed a few little steps - bought good food, rescheduled the dentist and hygienist appointments and did a little cleaning. Small steps, regularly taken will be the way forward.

Have a great weekend everyone, Take care
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business