~Make upto £10 a day in October 2017 ~ everybody most welcome

Comments

• Hi. Can I join again for £10 a day, please?

Thank you for the thread and good luck to everyone.

Shariann, I've just posted my (a bit measly) total for last month on the September thread - thank you for the total.
  • ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    OK signed up to apply for the postal surveys so will have to wait and see if I get a chance for that. Anyone have any idea how long before I hear yay or nay?

Had reopened my swagbuck accounts last week and realised I had enough today to draw down a £5 amazon voucher so first money into pot.

Ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

• Thanks for the new thread, Aesop:T and Lynne:T, and shariann:T for totting up our September totals. I posted my pathetic amount on the September thread shariann, I hope that was OK.

I'll try for the usual £10 and hope I'm more successful this month. What with a trip to Wales and staying a few nights, putting the cat in a cattery, funeral flowers, some new shoes as my only decent-looking pair have holes in the soles it looks as if I'll be spending more than I can make:eek:. It will give me some extra incentive to get off my backside and really try hard this month.

Welcome back to all the regulars and those who have come back after a spell away. Good luck and welcome to any new people who have joined us.

Here's to a great October for us all:beer:
  • ALIBOBSY wrote: »
    I think I did one of these challenges ages back and didn't do very well tbh lol.

Want to try again and aim for £10 a day.

I know the rules say not to include wages, but I don't have a regular work income, I do some part time articles for some online sites, but nothing regular or what I would class as wages so I would like to count these to encourage me to do more of them.

I am mostly a full time mum of 4, although eldest is 19 out of collage and signing on-good news is before he has even had his first monthly payment he has got a job and starts next Saturday, so will get some board from him, think this will be income not in the challenge.

Our main income is OH's plus what we get from CHB and tax credits so treat that as main wages/income, anything I manage to pick up is "extra".

Thank
    Ali x

Welcome, ALIBOBSY:)

Aesop and Lynne will let you know what you can and can't include in your challenge total.

Good Luck:beer:
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 1 October 2017 at 4:35PM
    My September total was £374.30

I'm in for £10 again this month.

I have two items ending on eBay shortly with starting price bids on so will post those as soon as they've finished but, as I said last month, I will be adding anything from my fledgling business venture as its my job number two (job number one being part time and just enough to cover my direct debits.)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ALIBOBSY wrote: »
    OK signed up to apply for the postal surveys so will have to wait and see if I get a chance for that. Anyone have any idea how long before I hear yay or nay?

Had reopened my swagbuck accounts last week and realised I had enough today to draw down a £5 amazon voucher so first money into pot.

Ali x

Hi Ali

I remember your username from before. Yes you can include come from DS, and anything extra you get. It all adds up.

The problem with the postal surveys is how much availability in your area, so we cannot say definitively you will hear tomorrow or 3 months time. I am back on the royal mail one. I was off for six months, but am starting a unex one that has been delayed for a few month until November now. Good luck.

I must post about the swagbuck apps. if you have a spare tablet/phone worth running the apps for extra sb.
  • Aesop
    Hi. Can I join again for £10 a day, please?

Thank you for the thread and good luck to everyone.

Shariann, I've just posted my (a bit measly) total for last month on the September thread - thank you for the total.

nothing is measly. it all adds up and it is more than you had at the beginning of the month. so well done!
  • Aesop
    QueenJess wrote: »
    Hi all, a question for you. I just finished an ink cartridge (a rare event in our household!) and I was looking at some sites who pay you to recycle them. All the ones I have seen require you to recycle a certain number (i.e. more than 1 and generally more than 5) or get to a certain value before they pay you. Is this normally the case or am I looking in the wrong places?

Thanks!

Yes unfortunately, this is normally the case.

the ones I have posted require a certain amount before they pay out. My last 2 got rejected as being damaged!!! annoyed about that as they most definitely weren't.

I can understand companies not wanting to pay 50p here and there but some are steep at £20 payout. I don't use that many catridges in a year.
  • Aesop
    datlex wrote: »
    Has anyone tried micoins ? I have got Applike on my mobile, it recommends apps that you use to earn micoins. Apparently a certain number are worth various vouchers including Amazon, Tesco and paypal. You don't have to be successful in any apps just to be active in them. Some of them you do have to leave running for sometime to work.
    I have luckyleftovers running but it says there is an issue with a third party when sending texts, has anyone else had this.

not heard of micoins. heard there is issues with applike not paying out everybody.

yes luckyleftovers is having issues with EE and Vodafone restricting the use of them sending text messages.
  • Aesop
    I found last months thread a little late in the month and have been eagerly awaiting this one, newbie here but could I aim for £100 for the month? Trying to get myself into a routine now I'm back at uni so I don't want to aim too high.

hello and welcome. you can join in at any time, you didn't have to wait for this one to start. You could have joined in at any time :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure