New Journey

Options

Comments

• Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    I was sad but it couldn't be helped , family come first even if they are half a world away. We can keep in touch via social media.

Busy weekend , I have had visitors, so busy busy busy. Today has been all about catching up after they left for home .Washing bedding , towels , remaking beds. Back in my own bed tonight , looking forward to that.

Have done Christmas decorations today , mimimal this year as I am not really here over Christmas, working some of it , then away for New Year. Not putting a tree up , I have a twig tree with lights and I love it.

Dinner dance last night as predicted shoes lasted an hour ! Very cheap night as drinks provided.

Shopping today £20.49 from Mr A . No petrol needed yet. Low spend weekend , £5 on a new smoke detector, extra £5 on milk and bread for visitors. £2 raffle on Saturday night. £5 secret santa present.

Sold old iPhone on music magpie through topcash back ( thanks Scott ) for the tip.

Bought train tickets to North east for new year £29.50 got nectar points for that. Read meter for this month consumption going up for gas , but in credit by £100 at the minute. This will even out by march properly.

I am out on Thursday for next Christmas night out, meal with old workmates, won't be very expensive. Last week at work, it cost £4 in collections for different things.

This month is definitely testing and taxing on your budget. Think that's it , apart from saying thank you to everyone who has commented .

Welcome lol Kerching xx
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There are so many new diaries on here now can't keep up, I think you can't possibly read them all! Anyhow I have my favourites and think I will stick with them.

Busy day at work , have eaten a big evening meal , three bean curry and rice ! Now don't feel like moving.

Posted the mobile , so will wait for money to land in my account.

Had another NSD today but tomorrow need petrol and it is much cheaper near work than home .
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    There are so many new diaries on here now can't keep up, I think you can't possibly read them all! Anyhow I have my favourites and think I will stick with them.

Busy day at work , have eaten a big evening meal , three bean curry and rice ! Now don't feel like moving.

Posted the mobile , so will wait for money to land in my account.

Had another NSD today but tomorrow need petrol and it is much cheaper near work than home .

I try to reply to a few but I can't keep up with so many :o and do tend to just pop in to those I feel closer too.

Well done on the NSD. We where discussing petrol prices yesterday. 1.24 at my local :eek: but in B town at Mr S it was much less yet only 10 minutes away. Well 10 minutes when the traffic on those main roads aren't as crazy! x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • System
    Options
    Traffic was crazy tonight , took me forever to get home . Yep Mr S is cheaper than near me that's where I shall be filling up.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I'm going to be eating beans and rice more often. It is a nutritious and delicious meal. I love black beans and some grain along with a salad a maybe a slice of avocado and a wedge of lime :)

Well done posting the mobile.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I know what you mean about lots of new diaries. I dip in to a few now and again but post regularly on just a few favourites, otherwise I'd be on here all day :rotfl:.

Hope you get the money for the phone soon.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Just stopping by to say hello - your three bean curry sounds delicious! Easy to make?
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • System
    Options
    Petrol 112.7 very pleased !
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I try and spot new diaries, and at least say hello as its pretty lonely when you start a diary and you feel like you are wittering to yourself. I imagine it really peeks in January.

That's a good price on the petrol cumbria, it was about 10p/litre more when I looked yesterday.
  • System
    Options
    JoJoC the recipe I use for the three bean curry is from beaniesvegan kitchen.com. I did try to link it to the post but it didn't work.

I use different beans each time I make it for a bit of variety, it's cheap to make as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure