The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sounds like you have a good plan

Carpe Jugulum ;)

Thanks. Took a while ;)
    mobo1980 wrote: »
    Hi Parsniphead :)

I am going to catch up on your diary , really enjoying what I have read !

I am also a big fan of Dave Ramsey , his snowball method was how we originally got out of debt the first time to buy our house , used to love it when the time came to pay the final payment on each debt :o
    I need to get back into that , it just there isn't as much spare money now we have the mortgage .

I have subscribed

Mobo xx

Thanks mobo. Youve done it once so will do it again.

I think he (Dave) can be odd at times and sometimes seems to hear what he wants but i do find it inspirational.

Yesterday was ok. I got the jobs done on my list but did nothing at work. What a long day. I couldnt see the point in making us come in to just sit around. Today i have a session though and tomorrow is training.

Im going to potter this morning until work. Im feeling very on edge, i dont know why and its making me a bit jumpy. Hopefully it will pass soon. It may be that i have so much planned which i want to get on with but cant until i finish.

I managed to get dinner tonight sorted. I was just about to open some chilli sauce when i remembered half a jar in the fridge. Cheap tea :money::rotfl:

Tonight i want to print a PPI claim form for my first mortgage. I think it may have been added but i also had a number of insurance policies to cover anything. I was very naive back then. No harm in trying.

Have a good day all.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning PH,

I have started my emergency account. I will be opening another account to keep this in. How is yours going?

I am stealing your idea re old mortgage accounts as I think i was forced into protection. However this was more than 10 years ago so thought it was too long ago? Maybe not?

I have edgy days too for no defined reason but you are right it will pass.

Have a good day Parsniphead
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Xoh mine was over 10 years ago. I never gave that a thought. I must check.

I have £10 DIA.......smiles smuggly;):p:money:

I do need an account which is not linked to current account though.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,036 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Good morning parsnip:wave:

You may be right about your edginess resulting from having a great list of things to do that you can't get started on. I've been feeling down as a result of a couple of pending events that I haven't been able to hurry forward, both of which are 'take a deep breath and play the part' sort of things. I've also been tired. Then yesterday I looked through the holiday work bookings and realised I've been pushing myself and haven't had proper time off for some while. A good night's sleep and two days 'just for me' booked in September, and I felt better, but what really helped was getting my work rota for after The Wedding - seeing normal life emerging on the horizon is somehow restful!

I think what I'm saying is there may be a few contributory factors to your edginess, and they may include the weight of plans you can't yet wade into, tiredness, keeping pushing yourself, things looming that you are tense about, etc.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thank you cherryfudge.

Youre right i think. I have felt better as the day has progressed but still fe3l frustrated. In going to get some vitamins when i leave work as i think i n3ed q boost.

On a better note my fixed term contract has not been renewed...........ithas become a permanent one. :jIts not my dream job but i now feel more secure. Fingers crossed it will include a pay rise.

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    It is good to have a permanent contract, so well done :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    yay to stability
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,036 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done on the contract - sounds as though they like you! And as you say... it helps to feel secure.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thank you all.

I need to wait to hear from personnel and fingers crossed it will include a payrise.

I was naughty last night as i came home. I treated myself to a new eyeliner (mine ran out months ago) and some multi vitamins.

I did spend some free time yesterday afternoon working out financials. This month I will leave in my account enough to cover dd's etc, put cash budgets into pouches and the rest transfer into the other current account. I will be organised for once. Im really looking foward to payday even though it will be my last one until the end of august.

My emergency fund is still poor, currently £10. Shocking:o

Right must get off now and take DH to work. A morning of pottering when i return then work for me.

Have a good day

• mobo1980
    mobo1980 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Congrats on the contract :T

I also think DR can be a little strange lol (I've heard he's not good to work for) but motivationally he's brill , I love watching the babysteps:)
    I haven't got an emergency fund in place (I always want to get straight onto debt busting , but I know the EF makes sense:o)

Mobo xx
    CC1-£1729.53
    CC2-£4323.00
    LOAN-£14,519.05
    TOTAL DEBT £20,571.58 :eek:
    Then there's the mortgage :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income