Escaping the grind...in search of a life less ordinary

Options

Comments

• MissShoes
    MissShoes Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    PAD made:

12/4/15- £90.00
    13/4/15- £35.52
    14/4/15- £27.08
    15/4/15- £20.00

Made a slightly smaller payment until I have paid the big post bill today- once that's done I'll have more of an idea what I've got left.

Update on flebay figures:
    44 items listed, 37 sold, 7 relisted.
    15 posted yesterday
    18 to be posted today
    4 awaiting payment

37 items sold for £190.91. £44.80 spent so far on p&p.

Received: £236.04

Will try to recoup my £6.70 undercharge on first batch of p&p today when I send the second.

Listed another item yesterday, aiming for some more tonight to keep the flow of pennies coming in.

10 days to survive until payday. OH has sorted groceries for this week. All I will need is petrol which I could put on a CC, same with the p&p costs. Although this may seem like increasing a debt, payments to the loan can't be made with CCs so putting any expenses on it, frees up cash to make PAD to the loan and will save me £££ in daily interest. When payday is here in 10 days, the lump of money I would've spent on a big hefty loan repayment can be paid off the CC to offset whatever I've added to it.

Monday NSD
    Tuesday NSD

Managed breakfast, lunch and dinner from stores. OH bought YS desserts to go with our dinners which were yummy but not good for my waistline. All gone now. He's working tonight so I have leftovers from last nights lovely slowcooker casserole with mash, broccoli and kale. Stirfry for lunch and will now make some toast for brekkie.

Have a good day DFWs

Shoes
    • DFD 4th July 2015
    • MFD 1st October 2021
  • MissShoes
    Options
    Ok second major posting day completed. 18 items posted for the grand total of £44.80.

So total outlay on postage: £44.80 on day 1 and £44.80 on day 2=

£89.60

Total charged for postage: £88.80 so I'm 60p out of pocket which is better than the £6.70 it was yesterday. Have 4 items left to post- maximum of £10.20 in postage there but until they're done I won't include them.

Total outlay: £89.60
    Total income minus paypa1 fees: £236.04

Profit (flebay fees can be paid after payday from different pot):

£146.44 plus £9.73 from the first buy it now immediate sale=

£156.17

Really happy with that, especially as last 4 items should yield around £22 after paypa1 fees, so £12 after postage.

Also, winnings of £35 and wages of £50 have hit bank account.

Total in bank with 10 days til payday: £278.20. To pay off my entire loan today, my settlement figure is £259.10.

Technically I could clear it.

Blimey it's tempting. It's uber high interest and amount increases every day. Downside is I would have less than £20 in my bank account to last 10 days- although all I need is fuel which could go on the CC for a few days. Would be a huge psychological boost.

Will go off and think for a bit. All thoughts welcome.
    • DFD 4th July 2015
    • MFD 1st October 2021
  • StrugglingYouth
    Options
    Top e-Bay commitment Shoes!

:beer:
    Sealed Pot Challenge:
    2014 = £202
    2015 = £382
  • MissShoes
    Options
    Dramatic day in the house of Shoes.....

My expensive loan is paid off

:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j

I made a PAD yesterday or £158.44 instead of clearing the whole thing...then today bit the bullet and paid the remaining balance of £103.20 off. Brilliant news. So PAD has been...

12/4/15- £90.00
    13/4/15- £35.52
    14/4/15- £27.08
    15/4/15- £20.00
    16/4/15- £158.44
    17/4/15- £103.20

Any more PAD before payday will be much smaller now as my bank balance has a paltry £51.33 left in it to last 8 days...slightly less than I thought. Also have emergency £10 left in my basic c00p account.

3 out of 4 unpaid items of flebay were paid for and posted today for £8.40. 1 unpaid which will relist on Monday.

Total p&p costs: £98

Total income minus paypa1 fees: £269.91
    Profit (flebay fees can be paid after payday from different pot):

£171.91 plus £9.73 from the first buy it now immediate sale=

£181.64

So.....which is my next fish to fry???

Well I have one small CC which I'm targeting. High interest. Limit only £500 and balance £422.60.

Also I have one large CC which is close to its limit- limit £3000 and balance £2810.52.

So PAD and over the weekend and before payday will be smaller tokens and go towards the smaller CC. On payday I'll do a bigger lump towards big CC to bring balance down.

I am due £400 in bonus this month which I have to calculate if I need to use for anything else. If I don't, this can go straight off smaller CC- clear it and close it which means PAD will then focus on big CC. I think that's the plan for now.

Frugal weekend ahead for me hopefully.

Seeing a friend tomorrow, OH cooking lovely meal for me tomorrow, maybe out for a couple of drinks but his turn to shout for them, work and chores and sleep on Sunday!

Also need to amass another flebay pile- I doubt I'll have anywhere near the success I had this week as there is only so much to sell- but a few cluttered areas may hold some items. I'll set myself a target of 10-20 new items to be listed over the weekend. 8 items currently on there and only 1 selling although 3 others with watchers. Every little helps.

Shoes x
    • DFD 4th July 2015
    • MFD 1st October 2021
  • cazmanian_minx
    cazmanian_minx Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!

animated-smileys-bananas-006.gifanimated-smileys-bananas-006.gif
  • StrugglingYouth
    Options
    I was impressed by your e-Bay victories I found the energy to list a few things of my own.

I listed 3 entire items and I am quite proud of myself. I always promised a carboot would solve my clutter issues, but I am waiting on a larger vehicle to aid my quest.

Keep it up! It certainly inspired me + should see you tackling your remaining two cards!
    Sealed Pot Challenge:
    2014 = £202
    2015 = £382
  • MissShoes
    Options
    PAD made. £2.60 to small CC.

Balance now £420.00
    • DFD 4th July 2015
    • MFD 1st October 2021
  • MissShoes
    Options
    Listed 17 items on eBay

8 already on there from relisting so 25 in total finishing next weekend.

Think I have another 10-15 to list but seriously flagging....
    • DFD 4th July 2015
    • MFD 1st October 2021
  • MissShoes
    Options
    PAD made. £5 to CC

Balance now £415
    • DFD 4th July 2015
    • MFD 1st October 2021
  • MissShoes
    Options
    Another £5 PAD

CC now at £410

£12.72 winging it's way to my bank account as 3 more items sold. Will post tomorrow.

£49.86 in bank now and £10 in emergency bank account. Spent £1.59 on deodorant.

5 days til payday.

Hoping card will be under £375 on payday and then I can hammer it all in one go.....budget permitting.....close it down and then focus on the next one. Problem is- no idea how much my wages will be this month- and there's a £300 difference between the two figures it could be. All depends on things being processed in time by payroll....

Work crappy, stressful, too busy, thankless and unrewarding. Will be pleased when I am debt free and can switch to something less all-consuming and have a simpler, quieter existence!

Should go and list on flebay- but I am exhausted. Waiting for OH to get in from meeting his friend and maybe I'll find a second burst of energy....that's if I'm not already fast asleep.

Shoes
    • DFD 4th July 2015
    • MFD 1st October 2021
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills