How are HomeServe still in business

Comments

• RussianBlue
    RussianBlue Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 4 April 2014 at 4:23PM
    I recently purchased a Nest thermostat and was lucky enough to get free installation. After entering the serial number on Nest's website I was informed my installer would be HomeServe.

I didn't know who HomeServe were so I looked them up online.... oh dear :(

To arrange an appointment I had to call HomeServe which I did, only to be told that they had never heard of Nest! After much hold music and being passed up the food chain (each time being told Nest was unknown to them) I ended up with a senior call centre executive who told me they certainly didn't have any agreement with Nest and did I know they are an insurance company.

I called nest (which was a pleasant experience as they are American and they know a thing or two about customer service). They were surprised that HomeServe didn't know what was going on and they called HomeServe (at this point I started to feel sorry for the guy).

Eventually.... yes HomeServe gave them ample opportunity to listen to lift music too, it transpired that they are refusing all installations!

Nest are owned by Google, I think HomeServe's search engine rankings will be going down over the year
  • page3
    page3 Posts: 76 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    RussianBlue, what is the outcome so far? You getting an install or paying?

I have also received my Nest today, registered on-line for the install, got told HomeServe would be doing it, but heard nothing more.
  • HomeServe_company_representative
    HomeServe_company_representative Posts: 114 Organisation Representative
    Hi RussianBlue

We spotted your post about contacting HomeServe for the installation of your Nest Thermostat and I’d like to apologise for any inconvenience caused, as well as help clear things up for you.
    The partnership to install the thermostats is between Nest and HomeServe Alliance, a newly formed part of HomeServe based in London. It seems very likely that you may have contacted HomeServe Membership to ask about the installation which is where the confusion came from.
    These are the contact details you’ll need to use to speak to HomeServe Alliance is at their London office on 0203 053 3781. Alternatively you can email us and we can forward it on to the relevant team. You'll find our email address in our profile page.
    It’s good for us to hear the feedback about the lack of clarity when you contacted HomeServe Membership and this is something we can certainly learn from and improve.
    I hope this helps, but if you need anything else please do let us know.

James
    Here To Help Team
    HomeServe
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of HomeServe. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I imagine Homeserve could not possibly have guessed that this would cause confusion nor could let their operators know how to pass these calls on. Completely the Nest owners fault for not understanding a difference between Homeserve and Homeserve Alliance.
    Hi giraffe69

We’re really sorry for any inconvenience caused.

For anybody struggling with their Nest installation, we would like them to get in touch using the email address listed in our MoneySavingExpert profile.

As soon as we get the email we’ll forward it to the team dealing with the installations. They’ll get back in touch by email or phone the same working day, wherever possible, or by the morning of the next working day.

I hope this helps.

Anjali
    Here To Help Team
    HomeServe
    I am the official company representative of HomeServe. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • page3
    Email sent as suggested. :)
  • page3
    Deadline missed (afternoon of next day and still no call) :(
  • page3
    page3 wrote: »
    Deadline missed (afternoon of next day and still no call) :(
    Got an email :) Install booked.
  • Hi -
    I have been having the same probs with HomeServe.. I emailed them to the email address provided by the HomeServe guys on this forum yesterday.. I got a reply saying they would get in touch today to arrange an installation date.. Still no news.. they also said I could call the HomeServe team myself rather than wait for them.. I tried the number and it doesn't even ring !! I wrote back to ask for an alternative number but haven't heard back at all.. Such a disappointing service..
    edited 10 April 2014 at 1:37PM
    Hi dembounz,

We’re sorry to hear about the problems you’ve described and are aware of your contact. We’d like to apologise for the inconvenince you’ve experienced so far. To help get your installation on track we still need to arrange the call back for you. To help us do this please can you send us your address details via the email address you’ve already been contacting us on? If you need it again you’ll find it on our profile page.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards

Mohammed Alli
    Here To Help Team
    HomeServe
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback