My Diary!

Hello!

Just wanted to say thankyou to everyone for all of the advise you have given me so far, its been a great inspiration!

Im going to take TotallyBrokes advise and make myself think i'm in 10 grand debt instead of thinking I need to save 10 grand! If I can get into that mentality I think it could really make me go for it and save loads!!:rotfl:

I'm aiming to get £9090

Wish me luck! :T

Christie :D

Comments

• pixiechick99
    pixiechick99 Posts: 3,713 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi,
    Good luck with your diary - I'm still debating whether or not to start one! Think it might keep me motivated to stop spending. I don't have a huge debt - about £5k, but not a huge income and on my own with 2 daughters so must get rid of it!
    I think to record spending, as was recommended in the other thread you started would be a good idea, as it's the forgotten £10 notes that I take out of the cashpoint that add up.
    SO good luck, keep up the diary, I'll keep reading...!

MS xxx:beer:
    I really need to sort out a new signature!
  • Christie22
    Christie22 Posts: 65 Forumite
    Thanks Millyscarlett, go for it start one too! It can only help our situations! :)

I have just done my first money saving exercise! Instead of going to get my hair cut and coloured I got my friend to give me a free trim and I brought a pack of dye for £4.50 and i'm going to get my mum to dye it! Thats £40.00 not spent! and £40.00 extra towards my college course! (I have £250 left to raise then I can get back onto the house savings!)

Yay feels good!:)
  • Christie22
    Christie22 Posts: 65 Forumite
    Hello again,

I haven't updated my diary because I havent really had much to add.

I have been good and havent really spent anything! Had my induction at college and as of pay day thats all been taken care.

I have started a new business venture with my mum! and last week went carboot shopping and I brought 40 items and have been putting them on ebay. We're splitting all the work and profits 50/50 which will make it easier! (Im doing the funding, photos and posting and my mum is washing, ironing and listing!)
    I lucked out and got quite a few items BNWT for less then a quid! I even got a ballgown dress that was brand new and had a tag for £90 in it! (that was a fiver though!)
    So hoping they will fetch more on ebay.. if I can make an average profit of £5 per item that'll be £200 profit and that will all be extra money to save!

Ill keep you guys updated if this works cos it might be an idea for you all to try!

Anyway thats it for now!
    I will updated on payday!
  • mdeebee
    mdeebee Posts: 381 Forumite
    Hi

Just wanted to say that you need to think about the tax implications of what you are doing with the Ebay stuff.

If you buy items with a view to selling them on, you are liable for tax at the appropriate levels.

If HMRC find out, you could be in hot water. Someone I was talking to recently has had a brush with them, and they are still investigating.

HTH.
  • Hi everyone,

Its been ages since I have posted on here I have been pretty rubbish!
    Im loosing motivation which I just cant do! So im back and im going to make sure I activly post!!

Thanks for the advice mdeebee I only did it the once in the end!!! I didnt even think about the tax etc! Its not really worth putting yourself in that position is it, plus with ebay fees the way they are its not really worth all of the effort!

My savings are currently sitting at £1200.00... no where near as good as they could be!! but I have just gone back to college! Im working full time and also doing a full time hairdressing course (2 evenings and all day saturdays) that has cost over a grand now!!
    Im going to Geneva Switzerland Friday for the day shopping (£40 bargain flights) to buy my winter clothes and shoes! (I actually do find it cheaper to fly there buy it all and come home!) and you feel liek you've had a mini holidat after!:) and then im going out on Sat night (first time for months!)
    But as soon as thats all out of the way im back to serious savings!

I have been given a new project at work where I get paid per thing I do.. and I should be able to add about 700.. maybe 800 towards my savings next month which would be brilliant! and the month after im hoping to be able to add between £1000 - £1500.00

My boyfriend and i have decided to try and save £27k between us by Dec2009 for our house deposit/fee's and some money for decorating etc! so thats £13500 each! So at this moment in time £12,300 to go!

Im not really spending much at the moment cos im always so busy with work and college!!! So should hopefully have it all saved in no time!

I will keep this updated from now on to keep my motivation going!!!

So wish me luck! hehe

Christie :j
  • Signature changed!
  • Today I looked on my net banking and transferred all of the odd money into my savings account! Its only a little but but all those little bits add up!

I now have £1204.85!

£12,295.15 to go!! :j
  • I had a really bad spending weekend. Really bad!

I did the worth thing ever and delved into my savings. I knew this weekend would cost alot though because I had so much on and its my last weekend of activities till Christmas so I know I will hopefully be able to make up for it.

I went £45 over budget on my Switzerland shopping (because... I got my whole winter wardrobe there! and they had these amazing full leather boots and they were reduced from over £200 quid to £60! (I wear them everywhere college/work/out on the weekends!) I usually buy cheapish shoes and have to replace them every 6 months or so. I thought id just go for it get a good leather pair and really look after them then they will last me years instead of months resulting in a long term saving! (Do you like how i justified them!?)

Then on Sat it was my boyfriends best friends birthday I didnt drink much at all because I was trying to save money we went to a comedy club then a club after but I went £20 over budget on this night due to out ragous prices of drinks and the taxi home (which id actually forgot to budget for)

Then Monday come and I had a college trip to Salon International which was brilliant! Everything was so cheap it was unreal. I did an amazing thing and looked around every stall comparing all prices then walked away and thought do I really need this?? I had budgeted £20 for the day but ended up spending alot more. (ARGH!)
    We have been told we need to start buying hair magazines for our portfolios etc for college and hair magazines cost a fortune ! they had a special offer on @ the show with Hair Journal. You got a whole years supscription (its a weekly magazine) for £37.00. I could turn that down because although it meant delving into my savings it does def mean a long term saving!

.. They also had these amazing new curl sticks which are sold in the shops for £110 for £60 ! They are amazing pieces of equipment and im hoping to get into Bridal hair! So i thought although im going into my savings now I new I would not stop thinking about them and would end up ordering one anyway so may aswell get one now and save £50

I feel awful I have really gone into my savings!

My boyfriend and I have agreed next month has to be a cheap one.
    We're going to try and do hardly anything that costs money
    Now I got myself some shoes that no longer leek! and a winter hat I plan to walk to work atleast twice a week to save petrol too. This will also of course help my fitness too!

Although ive had an awul spending month im confident I can really boost my savings next month!

How do you guys do it? How do you have so much will power????:confused:
  • I had a non spend day yesturday and will be having another one today!
    I sorted out some more bits to put on ebay too!
  • Today I brought Eve Magazine for the free Mascara! Brillaint money saving tip the mascara is quite nice!!:) I was due to buy one this month so that has saved me £7.00!
    I get paid in 5 days I will update my signature then!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure