Has anyone made a successful PPI claim against Marisota?

How did it go/what did you do?

My mom is trying to pursue a PPI claim against them and running into problems. I made a thread about this a while back and was told to tell her to get in contact with her bank to check whether or not she paid out any PPI. I had reservations about doing this but did... and yeah Barclays had no idea.

Since then she's had a fairly strange conversation with Marisota over the phone since then with them pushing her to accept a remedy she didn't want and generally being evasive etc.

Can anyone who has been through this process successfully offer any advice? She has some documentation & they acknowledge that she has paid some PPI but.are being a bit weird about it.

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    If she feels she was mis sold PPI, she follows the same procedure as with anyone else.

Put in her complaint reasons.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,553
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    BrutusBlu wrote: »
    How did it go/what did you do?

My mom is trying to pursue a PPI claim against them and running into problems. I made a thread about this a while back and was told to tell her to get in contact with her bank to check whether or not she paid out any PPI. I had reservations about doing this but did... and yeah Barclays had no idea.

Since then she's had a fairly strange conversation with Marisota over the phone since then with them pushing her to accept a remedy she didn't want and generally being evasive etc.

Can anyone who has been through this process successfully offer any advice? She has some documentation & they acknowledge that she has paid some PPI but.are being a bit weird about it.

Thanks

I think you might have misunderstood the original post advice - you were told to contact Marisota about PPI not her bank who wouldn't know.

If your phone call was unsatisfactory, write to them to complain about it being miss-sold - put in your complaint reasons, copies of any supporting evidence and see what they come back with.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure