Can you claim PPI for someone who is deceased

Hello,
Does anyone know if I would be able to claim PPI for someone who is deceased?

My mother has just passed on, and I have just found out she has been paying PPI on an insurance policy for the last 10 years.

Thanks,

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    The executor of her estate can complain on behalf of the deceased. The Bank will obviously require proof of your status.

Do note that only very factual complaints can be made, no point complaining about anything that may or may not have been said during the sale since you were not there.

Stick to eligibility, single premium etc (as long as these reasons actually apply, of course)
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,553
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Do note that you wouldn't pay PPI on an insurance policy, if you didn't pay they would simply cancel your policy.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,911
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    My mother has just passed on, and I have just found out she has been paying PPI on an insurance policy for the last 10 years.

It is not normal for PPI to be paid on an insurance policy. There are other addons with insurance policies but PPI is not normally one of them unless the PPI coverage is part of the insurance policy itself (such as a segmented life assurance plan that has a life assurance segment and a MPPI segment).

Is it possible you are mixing things up, such as waiver of premium/contribution? (which is not PPI).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I have just found out she has been paying PPI on an insurance policy for the last 10 years.
    Since PPI is itself an insurance policy, you should check that it was actually "PPI" you have discovered before you make any complaint.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure