Rointe Reviews

Hi All,
I am about to remove the costly panel heaters in my home!
I cannot get gas unfortunately. I was looking into options in terms of easy instillation and the option to program the heaters, and of course the cost of running the things.
Has anyone had experience with these heaters?

Comments

• enator
    enator Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Spamtastic :p
  • Ebe_Scrooge
    Ebe_Scrooge Posts: 7,320 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    AndyC123 wrote: »
    I am actually an Electrical Fitter, Every single job I have done the customer has been happy with the outlay, everything has been left clean and tidy and they are happy with the radiators, they are easy to use. We’ve had a few phone calls where the customer said it has made a difference.. so a lot of happy people..

I'm delighted for you :D

I could go into details about how all electrical heaters cost the same to run ... and how you can only make savings by using cheaper off-peak rates ... but if these new posters all want to use electricity rather than gas to warm up their tins of Spam, I think I'll leave them to it.
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    goldspark wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I am about to remove the costly panel heaters in my home!
    I cannot get gas unfortunately. I was looking into options in terms of easy instillation and the option to program the heaters, and of course the cost of running the things.
    Has anyone had experience with these heaters?
    And replace them with costly Rointe heaters.

Seriously, do your homework. You are planning to rip out something you have already deemed as unfit, and replace it with exactly the same thing you just ripped out.

Not very MSE. :money::money:
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    1kwh from a Rointe heater costs the same as 1kwh from a panel heater, oil filled radiator, fan heater or even 1 bar electric fire.

It's entirely up to you but you will not save money unless you turn them down, nor will you be any warmer unless you turn them up.

A Rointe heater is basically a liquid filled radiator, basically it's a magic liquid rather than just oil which a £50 Argos radiator contains - it's not a storage heater so still uses peak rate leccy

Be very very wary of high pressure salesmen (or women),shiny brochures, dodgy installers, dodgy electrictians or promises of saving lots of money.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • We unfortunately have these heaters fitted in our house they replaced a parkray solid fuel system
    We are in the 3rd year of using these rubbish heaters
    They are extremely expensive to run
    To Program the heaters you need a degree in computers
    We have 2 heaters that are rusting (evidence can be provided) the towel rail and the heater near the back door also the control panel has water damage.
    Rointe rep visited and sain the heaters are all in good condition told him about the above and no mention of that in his report.
    Trying to get my council to remove these horrable heaters and replace with economy 7.
    Having these heaters installed was the worst mistake ever
    Wish we still had the solid fuel system.
  • Do not buy Rointe radiators. They are clearly not fit for purpose.

Of my three radiators that cost over £1000, two have failed, needing new control panels at £200 each.

Rointe clearly is unwilling to back their own product.

I would certainly never buy Rointe again.
  • We got this heater fitted yesterday, in the hope of reducing our electricity bill.

But even set on 16 degrees, it’s used about half of our average DAILY usage overnight.

I’m going to try a manual timer in the plug and just have it come on every few hours to see if this makes a big difference.

As it stands I wouldn’t recommend these for the price. Just glad we were given ours, phew!
  • Within 4 years from new, 2 Rointe 200 litre water heater control panels failed within 18 months of each other. Taking the matter up with Rointe resulted in a miserly offer of £140 contribution to the cost incurred by me in buying replacement panels, fitting costs, call out fee and VAT amounting in total to almost £900. The offer was made in July 2017 and since then promises to make the payment have all resulted in failure to do so. Excuses have been many and varied, and while all have been plausible (becoming laughable) still no payment, so one has to wonder whether excuses have become blatant lies with never any intention of paying. No one seems to care and I can only think their offer and excuses are as worthless as the control panels themselves.
    I would never purchase a Rointe product again and the words 'don't touch' and 'barge pole' readily spring to mind.
    SHAME ON YOU ROINTE
  • I'm delighted for you :D

I could go into details about how all electrical heaters cost the same to run ... and how you can only make savings by using cheaper off-peak rates ... but if these new posters all want to use electricity rather than gas to warm up their tins of Spam, I think I'll leave them to it.
    Rointe

I installed these 2yrs ago year looking for something easy to replace economy 7 type radiators

My New EPC has been downgraded and the EPC man said i have to install gas central heating to get my EPC upgraded . This is important when thinking of the change in the law for renting and selling
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure