PPI claim against 3rd party or mortgage company ?

I remortgaged my house with Northern Rock via a third party finance company. I have been encouraged to apply for PPI mis-selling (not least by Martin Lewis !!) but do I claim from Northern Rock or the third party ? Thanks for any help you can give.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    You complain, not claim, to whoever sold you the PPI.
  • Thanks for that. It seems logical, but I wasn't sure. Thanks again.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,041
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I remortgaged my house with Northern Rock via a third party finance company. I have been encouraged to apply for PPI mis-selling (not least by Martin Lewis !!)

I dont recall Martin Lewis encouraging people to put in complaints on valid PPI sales. Mortgage brokers/advisers account for under 1% of PPI complaints and most of those are rejected. Some CMCs dont even bother against brokers/advisers and that tells you something.

Was the purchase pre-regulation or post regulation? i.e. before or after 14th Jan 2005? Very important date that changes what you do.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure