PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    omgoodness one coat i feel faint at the thought...my fav cruk shop sell coats for £3 and i take full advantage also worth looking in the end of sale i m and s....might count mine later to see how many more i need must be 20 plus xxx
    I always thought expenditure on new coats to be justified. Until I had to pack the sodding things and realised that I spend most of my winters wearing just 2 of them :o

The spring ones barely get an outing as its easier to sling a shawl on.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,886
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 5 December 2017 at 12:14PM
    omgoodness one coat i feel faint at the thought...my fav cruk shop sell coats for £3 and i take full advantage also worth looking in the end of sale i m and s....might count mine later to see how many more i need must be 20 plus xxx

Oh dear tessie bear, I'm going to have to go and count my coats now aren't I?? :rotfl:

Update: OMG :eek: Coat Count x 27, (I'm really shocked!), and that is after taking 4 winter coats to a chazza last week, and its not counting fleeces and waterproof walking jackets.
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I always thought expenditure on new coats to be justified. Until I had to pack the sodding things and realised that I spend most of my winters wearing just 2 of them :o

The spring ones barely get an outing as its easier to sling a shawl on.

Actually, VfM4meplse, thinking about it I tend to have two favourites coats for winter, (one Lands End, down 3/4 coat and a smarter M & S padded jacket) both purchased in sales. In spring and autumn it tends to be either a fleece or my Hobbs trench coat, both chazza purchases. Summer tends to be wraps/shawls/scarves.
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    miro that sounds a sensible number xx still not got my grand total will do it later....i imagine packing coats would be a pain...have you discovered the endless possibilities of ikea blue bags ?? they are wonderful when moving xx
    onwards and upwards
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,578
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite

Is this an appropriate time to confess I own 5 sheepskin coats? :eek:
    1 from flea market, 3 from charity shops and one from eBay.
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    i see i amongst friends on this thread xx i counted 27 coats not including suit type jackets think i might donate a few
    onwards and upwards
  • Eek! I will stay away from the KonMari thread today.:o:o:o

I went to the £1 charity shop and bought 11 new items today and then I bought 6 more items from another charity shop.

I was reading about how to match your clothes and create outfits on blogs yesterday and I got a little carried away.:rotfl:

1 scarf
    3 jumpers
    2 dresses
    1 skirt
    3 blouses
    1 jacket
    4 cardigans
    2 long sleeved tops

£31 spent in all. I probably won't need to buy any more clothes for 2018!
  • VfM4meplse
    Forumite
    Eek! I will stay away from the KonMari thread today.:o:o:o

I went to the £1 charity shop and bought 11 new items today and then I bought 6 more items from another charity shop.

I was reading about how to match your clothes and create outfits on blogs yesterday and I got a little carried away.:rotfl:

1 scarf
    3 jumpers
    2 dresses
    1 skirt
    3 blouses
    1 jacket
    4 cardigans
    2 long sleeved tops

£31 spent in all. I probably won't need to buy any more clothes for 2018!
    I'm getting a buzz out of your bargains - a brilliant haul for just £31.

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,188
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    I have been like a child in a sweetshop today...DH is away so no shopping monitor when I came home!

I found:
    2 Phase 8 floaty tops, 1 white, 1 ivory
    Gerry Weber burgundy/pink/ivory/grey silk front top
    Next "Luxe" grey cotton/cashmere fine sweater
    Woolovers grey long line merino/cashmere cardi
    Seasalt reversible top in burgundy/white
    and a cream & grey Atmosphere coatigan.
    Total spend £25

Oh, and DH has bought me a gorgeous soft baby pink drapey cardi for Christmas...he's ever so clever seeing as he is 180 miles away! :D
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Lucy5781
    Lucy5781 Posts: 745
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Two longer body length tops, both black. One thin jumper from LaRedoute and one jersey top with a zip detail, Limited Collection from M&S. Both £3 from the local hospice shop.

I'm 5'8 and long ish body anyway but the rapidly growing second baby bump just adds to the problem lol
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • VfM4meplse
    Forumite
    Floss wrote: »
    I have been like a child in a sweetshop today...DH is away so no shopping monitor when I came home!

I found:
    2 Phase 8 floaty tops, 1 white, 1 ivory
    Gerry Weber burgundy/pink/ivory/grey silk front top
    Next "Luxe" grey cotton/cashmere fine sweater
    Woolovers grey long line merino/cashmere cardi
    Seasalt reversible top in burgundy/white
    and a cream & grey Atmosphere coatigan.
    Total spend £25

Oh, and DH has bought me a gorgeous soft baby pink drapey cardi for Christmas...he's ever so clever seeing as he is 180 miles away! :D
    Another amazing haul. Be sure to hide it at the back of the cupboard before its discovered ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure