Inadequate facilities at outdoor event.

Options
Recently returned from a music festival with camping. I've been going for nine years straight so it's not like I don't know what they should or shouldn't have. But this year they appeared to cut costs by severely reducing the amount of porta loos in the arena (the area where the bands play).
The ques were so bad you're talking like an hour wait. (I know some wait is to be expected at these things but I can't begin to explain how bad it was) I've heard stories of people feeling ill and stuff cos they had to hold it in for so long. I nearly had an asthma attack running from one lot to the other trying to find some with shorter queues. Some women nearly wet themselves, some had to squat over the men's urinals to pee. What are my (and others rights) with this? It's a basic need to pee and they severely reduced the amount of toilets available. I don't think it's on and it ruined a lot of people's experiences. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,517 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Recently returned from a music festival with camping. I've been going for nine years straight so it's not like I don't know what they should or shouldn't have. But this year they appeared to cut costs by severely reducing the amount of porta loos in the arena (the area where the bands play).
    The ques were so bad you're talking like an hour wait. (I know some wait is to be expected at these things but I can't begin to explain how bad it was) I've heard stories of people feeling ill and stuff cos they had to hold it in for so long. I nearly had an asthma attack running from one lot to the other trying to find some with shorter queues. Some women nearly wet themselves, some had to squat over the men's urinals to pee. What are my (and others rights) with this? It's a basic need to pee and they severely reduced the amount of toilets available. I don't think it's on and it ruined a lot of people's experiences. Thanks in advance.

Did you raise the issue at the time?
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    as long as they provided toilets they they have done nothing wrong, so you have no rights
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    But this year they appeared to cut costs by severely reducing the amount of porta loos in the arena (the area where the bands play).

do you mean there were other toilets in other areas?
    the guidelines appear to vary
    I can see reference to 1 loo for each 100 attendees as a guide
    and reference to 1 loo for 75 females and 1 for every 400 men with urinals for every 100 men
    The council would have been involved with the planning and would have signed off the facilities
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What are my (and others rights) with this?
    Other than the right to complain to the organisers (and the local council), I can't see you have any "rights".

If you are hoping for a refund, I think you will be disappointed.
  • angryparcel
    Options
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    do you mean there were other toilets in other areas?
    the guidelines appear to vary
    I can see reference to 1 loo for each 100 attendees as a guide
    and reference to 1 loo for 75 females and 1 for every 400 men with urinals for every 100 men
    The council would have been involved with the planning and would have signed off the facilities

I have been involved in running a local country show for the last 6 years and we get average 20K at the event throughout the day and all we provide is 1 disabled portaloo and 6 std portaloos and a make shift urinal
  • Undervalued
    Undervalued Posts: 8,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have been involved in running a local country show for the last 6 years and we get average 20K at the event throughout the day and all we provide is 1 disabled portaloo and 6 std portaloos and a make shift urinal

:eek:

Do you also supply corks and hose clips?

:rotfl:
  • angryparcel
    Options
    :eek:

Do you also supply corks and hose clips?

:rotfl:
    nope people manage
  • CardinalWolsey
    Options
    I'm assuming your clientele perhaps don't consume as much "liquid" as at a music festival though.
  • pimento
    pimento Posts: 6,242 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I bought myself a shewee that lets me pee standing up. My bladder would never last an hour assuming that most people join the queue when they already needed to go.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
  • angryparcel
    Options
    I'm assuming your clientele perhaps don't consume as much "liquid" as at a music festival though.
    Beer tent is always full, my bladder must be lined with lead as i will be onsite from 5am til 10pm and i only drink water and i never need to go for a pee throughout the day
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure