Beach break 2009

I purchased a a ticket for the Beach Break Live 2009 student festival in Cornwall for the 16th -19th June. The ticket cost £84 with an additional £40 if you opted to travel to the festival by coach.
The festival advertises itself as being on a beach, and in Cornwall.
However, due to a disagreement with the area's councillors, the original location has had to be changed. Fair enough, it does say in the terms and conditions that the event organisers reserve the right to change the location.
But now the new location is in Kent, not quite the Cornish beach I was hoping for. I assumed a change in location would be down the road, not the other side of the country.
Am I entitled to a refund?
If I booked a holiday to Greece, but then told Greece was out of the question, and I'd have to go to Greenland instead, I would expect a full refund. Is this not the same thing?

Comments

• okij wrote: »
    I purchased a a ticket for the Beach Break Live 2009 student festival in Cornwall for the 16th -19th June. The ticket cost £84 with an additional £40 if you opted to travel to the festival by coach.
    The festival advertises itself as being on a beach, and in Cornwall.
    However, due to a disagreement with the area's councillors, the original location has had to be changed. Fair enough, it does say in the terms and conditions that the event organisers reserve the right to change the location.
    But now the new location is in Kent, not quite the Cornish beach I was hoping for. I assumed a change in location would be down the road, not the other side of the country.
    Am I entitled to a refund?
    If I booked a holiday to Greece, but then told Greece was out of the question, and I'd have to go to Greenland instead, I would expect a full refund. Is this not the same thing?

If it is in the terms and conditions that the location can be changed I dont see why you would be entitled unless of course you were missold the tickets in the first place. Maybe a question for trading standards?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure