Maternity Allowance Questions

Options
Thank you for reading this and helping me out a bit.
I am about to claim for my maternity allowance as I left work recently (wouldn't of been able to claim Maternity Pay anyway as I didn't work enough hours with employer) but I am stuck on one thing.
Will they only take into account the basic hourly rate you earned on the 3 payslips you send away with the claim form or will they take into account commision/bonus etc aswell?
I'm trying to find out which would be the best payslips to send away but it would depend on if they would allow the commision and bonus etc too.

Thank you in advance for any help you may have for me :D

Claire x
Wife to a great husband and mum to 4 fantastic kids 9,8,4,3 they drive me mad but I would do anything and give everything for my family :grinheart

Comments

• jyonda
    jyonda Posts: 477 Forumite
    Options
    Hi my girlfriend is claiming this so I have been looking at the rules with her and it seems that you choose the 13 highest earning weeks (from all work) in your 'test period'. They don't have to be in any order and all that matters is the total so if you did a lot of hours in certain weeks then include those payslips with your MA1 claim form. The total of those 13 weeks you selected is then divided by 13 to get the average total and the amount of MA you will get is 90% of that figure or standard rate MA, whichever is lower.

If you had more than one job and therefor more than one payslip per week then include them all because what matters is the total.

You can claim from 11 weeks before your due date but you must have stopped working.

Good luck and congratulations,

John
  • winnie81
    winnie81 Posts: 887 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks jyonda. Thats pretty much as I understood it to be but I always find benefit forms very confusing,

Claire
    Wife to a great husband and mum to 4 fantastic kids 9,8,4,3 they drive me mad but I would do anything and give everything for my family :grinheart
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure