Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• pandoraskids
    Options
    pippo wrote: »
    Well the dusting, decorating etc continues!!

The grumpy one has now b@ggered my Dyson stick thing, He has an adversion to using the big old Dyson monster.
    No probs I thought yesterday, we haven't had it that long.... can I heck find any trace of where or when I bought it:eek: I know I can be dizzy at times, but even if I hadn't filed the receipt we should still have the instruction leaflet... nowhere to be found!
    If I buy online I always keep copies of the relevant paperwork... 2 hours searching... no!
    My neighbour, who borrowed it once says 'you had a voucher when you bought it'... that hasn't helped!

Local 'strange but good' Dyson repairman won't touch it so off to contact dyson!:mad:

Did you register it online with Dyson? Mine packed up recently, couldn't find receipt but checked on Dyson website and it was still within the 5 year warranty so they came out and fixed it, no problem :)
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
  • juju17
    juju17 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    My 60th is in June and I have bought myself a piano to celebrate! I just wish I could afford to retire...

Benefits of being 60:
    • free prescriptions and eye tests
    • Boots Advantage card extra points
    • Railcard
    • If in London, free tube and bus travel I think
    • National Trust pensioner rate (but join the Scottish NT instead as it is cheaper)

What have I missed?
    B&Q diamond club thingy...wednesday 10% discount....would save me having to find a random oldie in store...like I will have to tomorrow to get my discount :rotfl: as got a big purchase to make.
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :wave:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Freewheeling
    Options
    pippo wrote: »
    Crikey, well quiet today!

I am here lurking, I'm just never too sure what to say! :hello::wave:

Well, I was here....I need to go now!
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Check your ebay history, if you ever buy from ebay because the Dyson shop have had some good discounts or tesco direct have had them on offer a few times. HTH.

Did that .. :mad:

I've spoken to Dyson, they say it is out of guarantee:eek:!
  • pippo
    Options
    juju17 wrote: »
    B&Q diamond club thingy...wednesday 10% discount....would save me having to find a random oldie in store...like I will have to tomorrow to get my discount :rotfl: as got a big purchase to make.

many years ago my late brother lived with both our mam and his MIL... :eek: He proposed setting them both up with deckchairs and a flask in B&Q car park and renting them out!
  • pippo
    Options
    I am here lurking, I'm just never too sure what to say! :hello::wave:

Well, I was here....I need to go now!
    Hi Freew,
    Just say anything that comes into your head... that's what most of us do and we get along fine.
  • pippo
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Afternoon all :wave:

Bubbs, I have replied to you 3 times... the post have vanished!!!
  • braveheart60uk
    braveheart60uk Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    I probably missed someone else posting this, but coughee offer on all week, but can only be redeemed ONCE.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    My 60th is in June and I have bought myself a piano to celebrate! I just wish I could afford to retire...

Benefits of being 60:
    • free prescriptions and eye tests
    • Boots Advantage card extra points
    • Railcard
    • If in London, free tube and bus travel I think
    • National Trust pensioner rate (but join the Scottish NT instead as it is cheaper)

What have I missed?

I think for National Trust you have to have had membership for at least 5 out of the last 10 years to qualify for senior membership. I wasn't sure if we qualified but I was almost certain so I rang up. I got a numpty who didn't seem to understand what I was asking so I just kept quoting the website and hoping he would understand -he would have our payment records infront of him. All he asked was if OH was over age so I gave his DOB. Anyway he said it was actioned and now we are paying £7.20 a month.

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/features/senior-membership
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure