Samsung refusing to repair faulty phone

Comments

• The-Truth
    The-Truth Posts: 483 Forumite
    wealdroam wrote: »
    Samsung offer a two year warranty on their phones. See here.

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge has only been available since March 2016, so the OP's phone will still be within the manufacturer's warranty period.

What on accidental damage?
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    The-Truth wrote: »

Yes, the phone will still be within the warranty period whether it has suffered accidental damage or not.
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    edited 12 June 2017 at 11:22AM
    Yes, the phone will still be within the warranty period whether it has suffered accidental damage or not.
    It does not state accidental damage

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/

Mobile Phone
    Information
    Ensure your device is running the latest software update and backup your device before a repair
    Warranty Service
    Repair completed to same unit via pick up / recorded delivery service
    Warranty Period
    24 Months

then in the text at the bottom it clear states
    The warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty may not apply to consumable items included with or in the product, which may have a reduced or no warranty period.

The warranty card and warranty information included with the product will state specific exclusions to the warranty (e.g. where a defect is caused by misuse or unauthorised repair of the product) which must be checked before requesting service under the warranty.

so the OP will need to read the warranty info that come with the phone, but 4 phones in 12 months of a 24 month warranty can be seen as misuse
  • wealdroam
    edited 15 June 2017 at 9:15PM
    It does not state accidental damage

Sorry, but once again I need to correct you.

I pointed out to you that the phone would still be within the warranty period.

The-Truth then asked:
    The-Truth wrote: »

I replied stating that the phone would still be within the warranty period.

**Edited by Forum Team**
  • newwave19
    newwave19 Posts: 41 Forumite
    Looking at the picture you provided, the glass from the camera lens looks like it was pushed inwards meaning that it received an impact (I could be wrong, but that's just what it looks like to me). If that was the case, its customer damage.

with regards to the warranty of the handset, it has a 2 year warranty, but that's only for manufactural faults, not for accidental damage. and just to clarify things from the last few posts above this one, if you have any accidental damage on your handset and it develops a manufactural fault, then you will first have to pay to fix any accidental damage first, before you will get it repaired under warranty.
  • wealdroam
    maybe you could point out on here http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/ where it mentions accidental damage being covered
    No, sorry, can't do that.

I have never ascertained that accidental damage was covered.

Next.
  • angryparcel
    No, sorry, can't do that.

I have never ascertained that accidental damage was covered.

Next.

so why on post 25 you stated you had to correct me again when i was right all along.

regardless of warranty accidental damage is not covered
  • wonkotsane
    wonkotsane Posts: 18 Forumite
    It hasn't been damaged.
  • angryparcel
    wonkotsane wrote: »
    It hasn't been damaged.
    but look at it from Samsungs view

You have had 2 or 3 replacements from Samsung and once by insurance ( samsung will be aware of the insurance replacement)
    so that is 3 or 4 (even you dont know) and now you want another replacement all within 12 months of a 24 month warranty.
    Any company will be looking at this as damage caused by the user with so many in a short period of time.
  • wonkotsane
    wonkotsane Posts: 18 Forumite
    The replacements I had from Samsung were for known faults with the model of phone which they replaced under warranty without question. The one I replaced on the insurance I have openly admitted to them I dropped. The first two are irrelevant if someone was trying to establish doubt about my treatment of phones.

I've just got off the phone with the insurance company that replaced the phone and it was 6 months and 3 days ago so they don't want to know. So I guess I'll have to take Samsung to the small claims court. That's assuming they get round to providing me with a quote for the repair which they've failed to do every time I've asked.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure