Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    pippo wrote: »
    Blinking heck Qoc you are so organised! We have no idea where we will be for Christmas yet!

It's :eek: for me too - we usually leave it until a few days before and head to the cheapest supermarket :o

I knew in August how many people I've got coming for dinner. I always allow for one or two extra, just in case :cool:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    andi123 wrote: »

I'm on c/o and have been asking customers if they want points put on straight away, :beer::j:T

I went on Saturday and the lovely SA on the till put my voucher points on and added the points from that shop.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Many of the clothes in S are truly shocking in quality and poor value for money - I was going around tutting.

There was one top there though, it came in black or khaki in some so-soft fabric, but it was a cap sleeve. I said to DD if they'd only done it long-sleeve or even three-quarter, they'd have probably sold out on day one. And if done in a range of colour choices, I'd have had that in every colour going for workwear.

I agree, but I do have a rather nice checked tunic dress, and a long think burnt orange cardigan..the rest are rather horrid.

I had bought two of the blanket cape thingamabobs.... OH said I look like I am wearing a blanket... somethings are just not for me!

pippo wrote: »

I went on Saturday and the lovely SA on the till put my voucher points on and added the points from that shop.

I have to say all of the SA I have had have been lovely. x
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    bubbs wrote: »
    Well done, i could have played all day but dont like leaving hubby here on his own on a sunday , he wont come:(
    Do we all know about the excellent wombling opportunities laid on to us by the Co-op?

They have this new loyalty card/membership scheme. You pay £1 and get a card that gives back a percentage of your spend on co-op branded goods to you and a smaller one to the community.

They can't add missed receipts in store so you have to do it online:cool:

Has done me quite well so far this week :D

You've just reminded me to send away for my new card:)

Afternoon paw sniffers:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • pippo
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    You've just reminded me to send away for my new card:)

Afternoon paw sniffers:)
    Mine came automatically.
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    you carnt beat one of these for quality !!!!!!.:rotfl:
    20161016_095729_zpsgrp5amb6.jpg

20161016_095802_zps2yy5cicz.jpg

Oh I need this........I love the John Lewis one too:T
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Anon wrote: »
    I fell asleep in front of the tv again last night :eek:. I am losing track of which programmes I have watched all the way through :o.

Anon

Did you see the Missing last week........worth watching again if you fell asleep.

Fabulous whoopsies today:T

D0D42DDA-07E7-4A37-8926-D0D4AE895B10_zpsgzkmqsni.jpg
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • pippo
    Trying to catch up .. 2 dear friends have been'finished' from their jobs, it is in my old work sector, so free time has been taken up supporting them. One of them came off her horse last week and has 2 broken vertebrae :eek:
    I am currently [STRIKE]cooking[/STRIKE] making grape and shallot chutney thanks to sada whoopies:j
    It is taking for ever!!
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Many of the clothes in S are truly shocking in quality and poor value for money - I was going around tutting.

There was one top there though, it came in black or khaki in some so-soft fabric, but it was a cap sleeve. I said to DD if they'd only done it long-sleeve or even three-quarter, they'd have probably sold out on day one. And if done in a range of colour choices, I'd have had that in every colour going for workwear.

Agree - awful dreary colurs, winter pinafores and coats without lining and cardigans without buttons and duffel coats which only seem to have press stud fastenings, weird check coats with blue fur collars .... :(

But I saw this coat which looks like nothing on the website but its really heavy and thick and lined with proper buttons - probably wont be around long enough to go half price or even to go into the 25% sale
    I cant really justify it having just bought a lovely red jacket in the Heart Foundation for £8 :D

https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/Multicoloured-Spot-Dolly-Coat/130222681-MultiColoured?searchTerm=:price-desc&searchProduct=
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Really excited to try the Exotic mushrooms:D

There was so much more too.....so I've just had a couple of hours prepping stuff for the freezer. I've also just made a huge pan of tomato sauce with fresh basil. Carrot and coriander soup and stewed some plums for a crumble.

I think I have a years supply of sprouts. I don't like more than 3 on my plate. I've counted them all:rotfl:

8EFFC9E4-85C4-4E28-B155-5A9BA3FE5CD8_zps3o0f6rpw.jpg
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business