Speeding Ticket

Options

Comments

• Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There's a section near me that is 30, dual carriageway no pavement and no houses at all. Oh and the road is only a few years old.
  • TooManyPoints
    TooManyPoints Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Residential areas usually have a system of street lighting. If there is no such system, a 30mph limit must have regular "repeaters".
  • Arklight
    Arklight Posts: 3,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Like I said originally, I'm not interested in the, "It was only after the... it was before the... I wouldn't have done it if there'd been a." nonsense.

If you've been done twice, doing over 40 in a 30, in a country which only actually manages to police about 0.2% of it's roads for safe driving on a good day, you are a habitual speeder. I am glad the OP hasn't killed someone and hope he / she has learnt a lesson.

Sadly as every journey to work and back shows, there are entire legion of bad drivers out there who think traffic rules are advisory and mostly for other people. At least there may be one less now.
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Residential areas usually have a system of street lighting.
    We have a new link road near us that bypasses a built up area, nowhere near any buildings but with lamp posts at regular intervals, several have been caught doing well over the 30 mph speed limit and are moaning there are no speed signs on the posts.
  • Mercdriver
    Options
    cajef wrote: »
    We have a new link road near us that bypasses a built up area, nowhere near any buildings but with lamp posts at regular intervals, several have been caught doing well over the 30 mph speed limit and are moaning there are no speed signs on the posts.

Perhaps the police should send out 10% off vouchers for copies of the Highway Code with the NIPs or at the roadside stop.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Options
    cajef wrote: »
    Fertheloveofgawd. 30 repeaters would actually invalidate the limit and make it unenforceable - which does seem ridiculous, tbf, but if they don't know such basics...

Mercdriver wrote: »
    Perhaps the police should send out 10% off vouchers for copies of the Highway Code
    ...or just point people to the online version?
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code
  • Mercdriver
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »

...or just point people to the online version?
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code

You can lead a horse to water...
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Options
    Something they learnt for their driving test decades ago, and have "never needed" since...

Remind me again why compulsory periodic retests for all would be a bad thing?
  • Jackmydad
    Jackmydad Posts: 9,186 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    Something they learnt for their driving test decades ago, and have "never needed" since...

Remind me again why compulsory periodic retests for all would be a bad thing?

How I wish they would have periodic tests or "assessments"!
    Roads are too busy now for people who don't have a clue about the basic rules.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    OP, to state the obvious, the greatest 'punishment' you will receive is the impact upon your motor insurance premium. That will be a lot more than the fine.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport