Comments

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,515
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    starnac wrote: »
    Pippi I got to 30k steps yesterday ...

Well done you!:T:T:T:T

I'm amazed at anything over 10K - I struggle to get that - 3 half hour walks a day and 8 flights of steps a few times a day at work! We only get 15k on holidays that involve lots of city site-seeing or planned country hikes!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 5 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,608
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    I made it to about 56k once :eek: but that was during a marathon so I'm not sure it counts :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I made it to about 56k once :eek: but that was during a marathon so I'm not sure it counts :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ooh Cheery that's a lot! I have that pleasure to look forward to in October :eek:
    Save
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Waves to all. Catch up properly tomorrow.

Im on a secret mission and made it over the border. Shh dont say.

Only 12.5k today, so i clearly didnt walk!

Part two of journey tomorrow after helping my HG chum dig oot her tatties

Although given the side of the border im on i think they may be spuds.

Nn and hello to all xxx
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,817
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Over the border :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Morning all - quick pit stop and update here. Petrol spends up by £55 but I am on a mission to perform No. 2 on my list, and I've ticked off 2 RAC's enroute. :D - 48 to go

Kantakarus - welcome and love the name - sounds like you've got a lot going on - welcome aboard - yes the plum sauce freezes but also keeps mega well in an airtight jar/dry place. I love any tips you have too - I dont' make wine - but am awash with cordial - neither of us really drink but good luck with yours. Visited a truly inspirational veg garden this am where my pal is HG - going back on Sunday and we're having a 'gardeners garthering' quite like the sound of that she's invitiing a few gardeners round for nosh and a natter. Mega excited about that.

RT - just drooling at those cheese comments. And, I don't know what your summer's been like but get that reblouchon out!!! Its been cold enough with us.

Steps wise - I park the furthest - take the furthest away route to loos etc, have two mutts, a full time outdoor job and ants in my pants so 20k is normal 25k is nice and 30 whilst not unheard of is unusual - I'd like to get to a steady 20k every day or 25 if I can but its time dear hearts.

As for marathons - I'm away for a lie down. Good luck though and well done on all those steps Starnac. You lot make me giddy.

Half way to mission central best get a wriggle on - beautiful if early start to the day - I hope everyone is grand and happy. Sorry bit rushed today as en-root as they say.

One good thing about staying with gardeners is the nosh is exceptional - figs and peaches for breakfast after me porridge with HM apple juice from the garden.

Life is beautiful.

Have a great MSE folks XOXOXOX
  • Have just made the sauce........and I made a booboo.:mad: I misread the recipe and covered the plums in water along with all the first lot of ingredients. But.........although I think I have probably got a runnier sauce than intended......it tastes gorgeous!! Think it will probably work better with the pulled pork I am intending on having a go at. (Something else I have never done)
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • Well done KTKRS sounds superb - although I've just remembered my own sauce was on the stove (2nd batch) so I asked TRG to remove it and fridge it until I'm home, honestly if I had a brain I'd be dangerous. Its a very viscous sauce so I'm sure its improved with some water TBH and good old Nige eh - its a lush sauce. I use it as a kind of chutney for cheese too as I can't each most chutneys.

Morning lands - well a glorious day and I'm enroute to see the lovely Cheery as I've a work mission in her neck of the woods. How utterly cheerful will that be.

Just a quick pitstop for a cuppa enroute as I'm just rubbish at driving any distance in one go.
    My commute is 7.2 miles daily on bumpkin roads - so whilst its good to keep 'this style' of driving in my capability its still challenging.

Lovely day with chum yesterday, her DD and her mutts - so lucky to have someone living at home still - I must admit I do miss that. She's going riding tomorrow so I'll get a good natter with her ma.

Tea was roast chook - salad and bread - lovely - we're not use to the heat down here. IRL
    Got a few reduced bits for tea and some treats - this is treaty spends so I'm logging it but not using my own household budget. £21 spent on goodies.

Used a £2 off £20 spend on the way down stocked up on mutt food and some laundry stuff as well as couple presents for visiting. £10/household £10/presents

Also out for a celebration lunch yesterday £21 spent. I'm guessing I do need a treats budget or personal spends budget like LT suggested - I'll start one next month.

Also spent £7.47 on recycled wood straw firelighter things from discount store which I can't find at home.

Must message DS and nudge him re paying back courses, I hate to ask but its the only responsible thing to do. I know this and I'm navel gazing.

Need more petrol today for all my cheerful jaunts - but I can claim some back from work.

{REMINDER} dig out work receipts when home LIKE DO IT.

Handover for my old job next week - must chase up invoice and also see if I can claim for the extra hours I've done this month too.

Banks to check and a few messages to send.

Have a great MSE day folks - only got to 12k yesterday again as not working and it was a struggle to do that when the garden seat was so comfy. I'm enjoying adventuring but not so much the lack of walking in the car.

Maybe I need a fred flintstone car.

{ponders the logistics of that}

Happy Friday folks.
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,608
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    :rotfl: at your Fred Flintstone car :rotfl: I might need one of those as my new commute will be about 54 miles of driving a day :eek: :eek: Will have to swear never to use the lifts at work :o :eek:

Might have to walk the boundary of my land each morning before I set off :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • One CC staying same at 2700, tother has gone up a bit with interest £928.93

Banks - one -978, other -349 - will move grub and petrol spends over.

So we're still not paid but the boiler juice money has gone into the online tank account - so will see if we've enough to order more oil again. I only got a half tank previously and I'd like to keep it more like RT and the tank half full at all times.

Although technically if its half full of oil and half full of air - its still full. :)

Need to keep a wee eye on the spends until other pay goes in.

Moved petrol money and grub spends back into current account.

Grub money from TRG goes into the account in a couple of days.

Money for cleaner went out couple days ago £44 for the month which is a bargain as far as I'm concerned even if its not very MSE means I get more time growing grub.

Must have a think about spends whilst I'm out of my own environment and look at it with fresh eyes. I'm clearly spending more on frippery and eatery treats than I'm admitting to myself.

Have a great MSE day I'm going to get a wriggle on and off to see both garden and chum.

Super exciting Friday this is turning out to be. Have a good MSE day chaps.

XOXOXO
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts