Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Comments

• I think I know the answer but wanted to check. My Ryanair flight was cancelled (12 hours before check in) due to a (air traffic) strike which never happened. I suspect this will still be classed as 'extraordinary circumstances' however wanted to check if it was worth putting in a claim.

Also. How much notice should they give for a strike like this? 12 hours notice (evening before a 6am flight) seems unacceptable.

Cheers in advance.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I've completed the online Resolver claim form and have been told by Ryanair that they will pay compensation for my delayed flight. I've sent details of my bank, for the money to be transferred as requested, and not heard anymore.
    They were really responsive up until they've had to pay out and so I've had to escalate. Still no response and now the time has lapsed and advice on Resolver is to escalate to CEO but there's no advice on how to do this.

Help appreciated
    Thanks
    I would suggest that you write or email, depending on the contact details of the responses you have received, giving Ryanair 14 days to pay. Mark your letter as an NBA and start reading Dr Watson's notes on the ESCP legal route.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • JPears
    I think I know the answer but wanted to check. My Ryanair flight was cancelled (12 hours before check in) due to a (air traffic) strike which never happened. I suspect this will still be classed as 'extraordinary circumstances' however wanted to check if it was worth putting in a claim.

Also. How much notice should they give for a strike like this? 12 hours notice (evening before a 6am flight) seems unacceptable.

Cheers in advance.
    Was it the South of France ATC strike of 30th June/1st July, that never happened? If so then Ryanair and easyJet were told by French ATC at 10am on Thursday 28th.
    There is no compensation due if your flight was directly effected. However Ryanair are responsible for rerouting costs.

• Yes, it was the 30th June. Oddly it was reported the the 22nd June and Ryanair were quoted as saying all affected parties had been contacted. (I hadn't) So have contacted them to ask why the flight was cancelled (which I know but want to confirm) and why I was told so late. :) Cheers for the response JPears.

As the cancellation was so late, we ended up £500+ out of pocket vs is we'd been told the day before (or week before).
  • JPears
    The 22nd relates to the earlier strike the weekend before. Striking is a national pastime in France.
    Why are you £500 out of pocket?

• JPears wrote: »
    Was it the South of France ATC strike of 30th June/1st July, that never happened? If so then Ryanair and easyJet were told by French ATC at 10am on Thursday 28th.
    There is no compensation due if your flight was directly effected. However Ryanair are responsible for rerouting costs.
    JPears wrote: »
    The 22nd relates to the earlier strike the weekend before. Striking is a national pastime in France.
    Why are you £500 out of pocket?

Gotcha. :)

As the cancellation came in so late. I needed to drive to Birmingham (£100 in petrol) and get another flight £430 in order to make my destination on time.

Pretty much most flights were fully booked as it was so last minute. Does anyone know when the 30th and 31st was announced? :)
  • !!!8220;As all affected customers have already been contacted by email and SMS text message (on Thursday from 10.15am and on Friday from 10.00am) and have availed of their refund/rebooking options, and as these cancelled flights had been removed from the system and the crew reallocated to alternative duties, we are regrettably unable to reinstate these cancelled flight."

I was informed 1830 PM Friday so going to take them to task about that I think. :)
  • JPears
    Ryanair are responsible for those rerouting costs you incurred under regulation 261/2004.

easyJet text me 7am Friday to say 5pmflight Saturday cancelled. Claim for £730 for BA flights and car hire.

• chewback
    chewback Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi, my flight from Malta to Bournemouth on Sunday was cancelled on Saturday. The next flight to Bournemouth was Thursday so I opted for a refund and had a book a flight to Bristol. I then had a £185 taxi ride to get to Bournemouth Airport to get my car. Am I able to get Ryanair to pay for the cab because I took the refund?
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    No, you either choose a refund or rerouting.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback