Employer home visit after 4 days sick

Comments

• takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    You have obviously investigated the law but failed to investigate the slightest morality.
    I can only wish that you get work-related stress and that your employers contact you.

If i was off sick with a work related condition then i would much prefer my employer to contact me to understand the issue so they can work to resolve it.

How will it help the person off with stress knowing their employer can't even be bothered to understand the issue so nothing will change when they go back.
  • There is nothing helpful in telling someone what a meanie their employer is. Nothing.

The employer is acting within the law. The law is as it stands for a reason. Crying that its so so mean isn't helpful, and it won't help the OP.

Quite!

It is very important to understand that being "signed off sick" is firstly nothing more than advice, albeit from a qualified professional. Secondly it is not the same a being "signed off" from having any contact with your employer. If an employee is so unwell that, in their doctor's professional opinion, they should have no contact at all with their employer then the doctor needs to specifically say so.

As I indicated in my earlier post it would be very easy indeed in this case for the employer to justify contacting the OP.

ChrisK may not like the "morals" but that is the legal position!
  • takman wrote: »
    If i was off sick with a work related condition then i would much prefer my employer to contact me to understand the issue so they can work to resolve it.

How will it help the person off with stress knowing their employer can't even be bothered to understand the issue so nothing will change when they go back.

Exactly.....
  • Thats simply a lie - If you were off work due to stress caused by your employer you would NOT want them to contact you - Indicates you have never actually felt physically sick just 'seeing' your work place come into view
    takman wrote: »
    If i was off sick with a work related condition then i would much prefer my employer to contact me ....
    If I ruled the world.......
  • ChrisK....._3
    ChrisK....._3 Posts: 920 Forumite
    edited 10 September 2018 at 11:51AM
    There is nothing helpful in telling someone what a meanie their employer is.

It has more value that this emotional drivel
    Sounds like a lovely concerned employer :)

You dont have a clue what their motives are
  • Thats simply a lie - If you were off work due to stress caused by your employer you would NOT want them to contact you - Indicates you have never actually felt physically sick just 'seeing' your work place come into view

This is the same as that ridiculous post linked earlier. You do not just get to tell people they are lying about how they would feel!
  • ChrisK....._3
    ChrisK....._3 Posts: 920 Forumite
    edited 10 September 2018 at 11:56AM
    I do if they have never actually felt it - and they have definitely NOT - and I posted a clue how it actually feels so they can guess better
    This is the same as that ridiculous post linked earlier. You do not just get to tell people they are lying about how they would feel!
  • Beenie
    Beenie Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    does your employer have an HR policy stating what contact a manager/supervisor is required to have with an employee absent due to sickness?

My old employer did, and I had a weekly phone call from my manager. He kept apologising and saying he hated to bother me, but it was a written policy and he had to stick to it. We got on fine, but then I wasn't absent due to stress.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thats simply a lie - If you were off work due to stress caused by your employer you would NOT want them to contact you - Indicates you have never actually felt physically sick just 'seeing' your work place come into view

Well you can't say i'm lying as you you don't know me.

If i was off sick due to issues at work that made me so stressed that i felt physically sick then i know for a fact that having a few weeks/months off may make me feel better. But when the day comes that i'm returning to work and i know nothing has changed then why would i feel any better?.
    So having contact from work to understand the issue so they can resolve it would make me feel much better.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    DOCTORS note is enough - Did you read the OP?

Sorry,but you are simply wrong.
    So someone goes off with 'workplace stress',you leave them off sick for whatever length of time.
    Then they come back and its all good?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport