20/20 Vision (repaying a debt to my home and myself)

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    All sounding good DIA, hope your results are good.
    You inspired me to get the worst of the rubbish in my front garden taken to the tip today. I'll get back on to quotes for properly it when I've moved the van project on a bit, but thank you for reminding me that I don't have to do everything myself :)
    Thanks Rosa. I am looking forward to having a car to be able to do tip runs too :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    The goals today will be:

*See the second plasterer to get a quote on my kitchen. He is coming at 11.00 and guess what? I have no nerves at all about his visit. Progress.

*Open a new A/C. If they say no, I can live with it, but it will be excellent if they say yes as it will really help my longer term financial goals.

*Put in my pay claim form at second job.

*Pack a bag (I keep saying it but not doing it)

*Stick to healthy eating.

I did really well yesterday until 6pm when I ate some sausages:(

Sausages and salted nuts are too moreish so I will stop buying these for a while as they sabotage my efforts!!!

Have a good day MSE folk :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,257 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hope the plasterer comes :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Boo to the first plasterer , hope the second one turned up. Have you packed your bag yet ?

Glad the hospital appointment went well. Plus a gardener coming , you are doing really well DIA with your list.

If you are going away this weekend have a great time, will you be driving your car back ?
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks Rosa. I am looking forward to having a car to be able to do tip runs too :)

:rotfl:you're easily pleased DIA
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • doingitanyway
    beanielou wrote: »
    Hope the plasterer comes :)
    Boo to the first plasterer , hope the second one turned up. Have you packed your bag yet ?

Glad the hospital appointment went well. Plus a gardener coming , you are doing really well DIA with your list.

If you are going away this weekend have a great time, will you be driving your car back ?
    Thanks Beanie and Cumbria
    The plasterer came and yes I will be driving the car home. An enormous frog. The plan is to take my time and get on with it. Hopefully we will arrive both in one piece. Feel a bit better knowing I have aa breakdown cover :)
    :rotfl:you're easily pleased DIA
    Yes I try to be easily pleased. I prefer it to being hard to please :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    edited 14 June 2018 at 10:26PM
    I am pleased with how today went. :D

I worked a half day so I had time to eat and did not return home exhausted. ;) That said, I am starving now but I will be sleeping soon and it is too late to eat now.

I!!!8217;ve been great healthy eating wise :T

I submitted my second job pay claim. :T

I saw the plasterer but I did not think he was very communicative and he seemed not to offer much. At least he turned up! It will be helpful to benchmark his prices but I won!!!8217;t be using him. So the search continues. I!!!8217;m giving myself a break from searching for a few days as it has been full on going to be on holiday :)

There is no urgency on the kitchen. I!!!8217;ve waited this long I can wait until I get the right tradesman.

The BIG FROG I ate today was to open a second account. I have been banging on and doing nothing about this for at least 3 years.:eek: Orange Ena told me about an account with a host of benefits all of which are useful to me, in particular the annual travel insurance, emergency home cover (includes boiler) and especially now aa breakdown cover.

In addition I now have a second account for discretionary spending. I think that will help greatly with my long term budgeting. ;)

My next frog will be to open a regular savings account attached to this account and begin to build an emergency fund ;)

I may not post for a few days but I will back and so will my car to begin our new journeys together :)

Have a good few days everyone x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,257 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Here's to many happy new journeys in your new car :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Happy driving.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • lonelyrat
    lonelyrat Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Yay to the new account :o I've found having separate accounts for different things very helpful for my budgeting.

Boo about the plasterer(s).
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family