MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• nattykins
    nattykins Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Aunty Pickle- I'm due on 24th June.

I sympathise with all of you with the not sleeping and being generally achy and tired. I'm back at work on Monday (I work in a special school) and my employers haven't exactly been happy that I'm pregnant. I'm really suffering with my hips at the mo so I reckon they'll try and finish me for my maternity leave early......
  • downhillfast
    downhillfast Posts: 968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 April 2015 at 6:47PM
    Options
    Crappy day in our household today.

We were woken up at 4.20am by our epileptic boxer dog having a fit. As scary as it is he's had them on and off for a while so we kind of know the score with how he takes a while to 'walk it off' - he paces like a zombie for about 30 minutes normally. Anyway long story short he ended up having 3 fits in the space of 2 hours without 'coming back' and the last one left him walking in tight circles constantly. After 20 minutes of this we somehow bundled him in the car and got him to the emergency vet.
    He's been at the vet all day and still hasn't 'come back' - vet has been honest with us that it really could go either way... so here we are waiting... with OH convinced that baby will probably make an appearance before we get our 4 legged baby fixed. Talk about stressful. Just want to tell her it'll all be ok but we both know it won't... as he either won't be coming home or he'll be on a whole new set of meds that won't necessarily be tuned to him - a lot is trial and error with epilepsy meds and he took a while to settle into his last lot.
    :(
  • Aunty-Pickle
    Options
    Crappy day in our household today.
    :(

I'm so sorry. That must be horrible. Sending you both big hugs..
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • Aunty-Pickle
    Aunty-Pickle Posts: 499 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 April 2015 at 11:42AM
    Options
    Morning everyone

Hope things are progressing for you milly and baby will be on its way soon.

AFM a very strange last 8 hours.
    I had a bloody show yesterday and had a cunning plan that if we changed the bed then I would be bound to have my waters go in bed and we'd have to change the bed again...

Well, my waters haven't gone but I had contractions from 2am until 8.30am. They grew in intensity and frequency and were coming every 8 minutes and lasting for 1 minute at the end. And then they stopped resulting in a very tired and miserable pregnant lady (i.e. me).

So since 8.30am (so for the last 1.5hrs) I have had 3.

All the main advice is to keep active - walk and bounce on the ball etc but with PGP that is slightly problematic to say the least.

So I'm kind of hoping they get going again and this is the start...... fingers crossed ladies!

11.42am and still no more :( looks like it was a false alarm...
  • Angelmommy
    Angelmommy Posts: 418 Forumite
    Options
    Aunty-Pickle I had that for 3wks on and off before ds was born. Nipple stimulation worked for me in the end - I'd tried everything else! Although I got bored after 30 seconds so used the electric pump and within a few minutes contractions were coming every 3mins and baby was out 8.5hrs later. I was a week overdue and it turned out baby had been b2b and stuck.

Welcome to slowlyfading and nattykins *waves*.

Sorry to hear your update DHF - I hope your fur baby makes a full recovery.

Re: calls etc. I got fed up with the constant begging for updates last time that I've insinuated baby is due a couple weeks later than it is. DHs sister decided to inform the world that I had given birth and gave baby's name while I was still recovering and baby hadn't been checked over (really difficult birth) so am avoiding her knowing my dates so she's not watching her phone for an update. If DH dares text them again this time, I will divorce him lol. Tbh he felt awful about it as extended family/close friends found out after some colleagues had seen her fb update - not enough to tell her she was out of order though - didn't want to ruin her Xmas!

AFM - 37+ 4. Lost a bit of plug, keep getting tightenings and baby pushing down on my cervix but in no rush to have him/her yet. Need to check birth pool and finish a few little hand made bits for nursery then I'm ready. Will start taking RLT and EPO today. Just been away so had avoided taking anything before we returned. No idea what will happen with the other children but have fab friends locally so know they will rush over to help if it's during the day. Hard to plan for a toddler and school child. Luckily teen can sort herself out.

Hope everyone is feeling ok and really, really hope Milly has her little bundle now. Xx
    DD1 June 1997:o
    :AOct 1999
    DD2 May 2004:o
    :ANov 2012
    DS November 2013;)
    DD3 May 2015:o
  • gayleygoo
    gayleygoo Posts: 816 Forumite
    Options
    Try not to feel down Aunty Pickle - the show and contractions seem like a bit of progress to me :) A few sources I've read suggest nipple stimulation to get contractions going if they've stopped (although I don't think I could bear mine being touched right now.) Have you tried any relaxation methods to help prevent you getting tired during the early contractions? Waters don't always break at the start of labour either, so don't worry about that - last time, mine broke just a few minutes before DS was born.

I was visiting friends last night and had some mild contractions (braxton hicks most likely), but after I got to bed it all stopped. OH is still sleeping, so I'm going to wake him up and try and get him out for a long walk.

One Love, One Life, Let's Get Together and Be Alright :)

April GC 13.20/£300
    April
    NSDs 0/10
    CC's £255
  • jediquigley
    jediquigley Posts: 601 Forumite
    Options
    I think it's really promising auntie pickle that you have had contractions and that your mucus plug has gone. I was 41+ 1 with my first when first sign of labour was waters broken but nothing else happened and I was then induced a few days later.

Angel mommy , am assuming you are hoping for a home water birth like myself?
    I told my mum my plans the other day and she said why did you tell me. It just makes her worry but I thought I should tell her as we are going to tell mil as she will look after our toddler when I go into labour. If I told mil and not my mum she would be upset. But my mum is a major drama queen and thinks I should be in hospital for the birth. Sigh
    :jMarried 16/07/2010, ds1 born 11/08/12, baby due 08/05/2015
  • gayleygoo
    gayleygoo Posts: 816 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all, I'm up with contractions! They started before I went to bed, but managed to get a couple of hours sleep. They seem to be fairly frequent, every 5 or 6 minutes or so, but not that strong. So it could be a while yet. I'm heating the water for a bath and still packing my hospital bag :o Still not sure what the school-run arrangements will be if we need to leave for the hospital before 8am, but we'll figure it out if we have to.

Hoping things got going again for you Aunty Pickle :)

One Love, One Life, Let's Get Together and Be Alright :)

April GC 13.20/£300
    April
    NSDs 0/10
    CC's £255
  • janed9388
    janed9388 Posts: 301 Forumite
    Options
    Fingers crossed for a quick delivery for aunty pickle and gayleygoo today !! :D

Just this week and 3 days next week in work for me and then I'm done and I can't wait ! I'm getting tired now with tossing and turning all night and then getting up to wee ever 2 hours, and lots of aches and pains. I'm definitely going to make some calls about the acupuncture to bring on labor today and really need to start thinking about packing a bag etc for hospital just in case he decides to come early ! (not that I think that's likely)

Hope everyone is well and had a great weekend.
  • Aunty-Pickle
    Options
    oooh gayleygoo, really hope it's the real thing for you and things happen today!!

also hope milly has had her baby by now

any news from Trixsie?

AFM, contractions again last night but I think they've stopped again :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business