Incorrect Default

Comments

• BBOA
    BBOA Posts: 77 Forumite
    Ok but I asked them for a resolution within a set time frame, the haven!!!8217;t responded. And the issue here is that it!!!8217;s still sitting on my credit file, I sent via the post and email. Is there a further letter that I can send?
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 1 August 2018 at 4:30PM
    BBOA wrote: »
    ...Is there a further letter that I can send?
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=21351521&postcount=3

Edit: I would 'phone Lowell first to confirm receipt of your original letter and then go from there. Did you post it as a 'signed for' letter (one that requires a signature to prove receipt)?
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • BBOA
    Ok maybe I wil, try that,
  • BBOA
    I have ad response from Lowell now, and they have provided the dates of the debt however as my initial query stated they defaulted account was not at my current address nor registered in my name. They said they will provide statements from the original debters British Gas but these have not been forthcoming, they still have not provided any details which illustrate that this was me,

Is there a way I can force the, to provide evidence that this was me or close the default? Any assistance would be appreciated, thank you.
  • BBOA
    Also it may be worth noting that they have admitted they didn’t issue me with notice of buying the debt and registering the default.
  • BBOA
    Hi is this letter still relevant if the debt has been sold to a collection company such as lowell
  • BBOA
    Thanks in advance for our help
  • Yes it's still relevant
  • BBOA
    Gary thank you, would you suggest that using the follow up,letter would be a suitable course of action?

Thank
  • robber2
    robber2 Posts: 558 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    BBOA wrote: »
    Also it may be worth noting that they have admitted they didn’t issue me with notice of buying the debt and registering the default.

Why would they when they are under no obligation to do so?

Rob
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport