Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• Lauree
    Lauree Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I've been trying to get a better deal on my current contract but it's turning out to be difficult. I added football and cinema for £25 on a rolling contract then cancelled the next day. They will end on the 28th. I recieved a postal letter offering all sports for £15 which I'll be happy to take up on the 29th.

My current contract with sky started in February and I was a new customer. My current plan is
    Entertainment - £12
    HD - free
    Boxsets - free
    Line rental - £18
    Unlimited internet - free
    Total - £30

I'm trying to add sports, cinema and multiscreen but will only take them if all are at a reasonable price. I'm pretty sure multiscreen is fixed £12, so I'm trying to get sports and cinema for £18 as my budget is £30.

I phoned today and was told they could only do sports £15 & cinema £10. That would be £7 over budget so I asked about reducing line rental and was told not possible. Finding it difficult to get any offers off them at the moment. When I mentioned I know of people getting sports for £10 and cinema for £6-7.50 he said he'd never heard of offers so low. I will phone again when the notice is to on the 28th and see what can be done.

Just like to add, during the call I enquired about sport hd and he said not to put it on as from October 1st hd will be free as standard. I was told the charge is being scrapped on that date. Not sure how true that is as there's a lot of conflicting things being said about the hd but just thought I'd mention it.

Sorry this is so long! Long story short, will try and get the upgrades for £30 at the end of the month.
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi

Does anyone know how to 'chat' as an existing customer? I've always used the thinking of cancelling route but this seems to be through 'message' now.

Many thanks

https://secure.sky.com/mysky-extras/coming-back-to-sky

Works for me.
  • shaggy
    Those who renewed through Love Digital, has the offer actually come through?

And is it worth getting rid of the old Sky+ HD box in favour of the new Sky Q one? As I understand it in the event of cancellation , Sky take back the Q box, and you can't (easily??) connect the old box back in order to get Freeview / Freesat ?
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    shaggy wrote: »
    Those who renewed through Love Digital, has the offer actually come through?

And is it worth getting rid of the old Sky+ HD box in favour of the new Sky Q one? As I understand it in the event of cancellation , Sky take back the Q box, and you can't (easily??) connect the old box back in order to get Freeview / Freesat ?

If you have Sky Q installed ,you need to ask for a "hybrid LNB " to be fitted to the dish -this allows the use of the new box AND the old:)
  • shaggy
    brewerdave wrote: »
    If you have Sky Q installed ,you need to ask for a "hybrid LNB " to be fitted to the dish -this allows the use of the new box AND the old:)

The question is ---- Will they actually fit this if asked?
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    shaggy wrote: »
    The question is ---- Will they actually fit this if asked?

Well, they certainly were in the early stages of flogging Q - a relation got one as he was keeping his old HD box for the bedroom for Freeesat.

I suppose it depends whether the fitter has one on his van - not sure that asking Sky themselves with the order,will guarantee one.
  • I've have just recently started the haggling process.
    We were on an old package that hasn't been reviewed for years paying £65 per month on Sky+HD with variety, cinema and HD. Was interested in Sky Q and looking at the new packages we have been paying about £20 more per month than the equivalent today for the same channels :mad:
    Offered Sky Q with extra mini box for £20 installation + £12 for the multiscreen. All channels at full price so not to impressed with this. Eventually offered a fairly good discount on channels but said I couldn't have the Sky Q offer so cancelled 2 weeks ago.

Got a text with a link to web chat for my fantastic offer which I followed and was again offerd the equivalent channels for £31 which isn't bad but again said no chance to Sky Q. Said they can't process upgrades, need to phone the Sky Q team but again no way to have any money off the channels.
    Has anybody seccessfully haggled an upgrade to Sky Q along with a discount on their channel package at the same time?
  • Full package + Boxsets, exc Kids Channels. 18 Month contract, Sky Q + Multiroom = £57 a month
  • Today i got the full Sky Package (Entertainment, Box Sets, Kids, Sports HD and Cinema) + Sky Multiroom for £58 a month for 18 months.

Probably could of got it cheaper as i only started the cancellation process today but I couldn't be bothered playing a longer game. But considering the bill was about to shoot up to almost £96 a month I'm happy enough with the saving for now.
  • cska
    cska Posts: 13 Forumite
    Just got a letter in the post today, effectively stating that Sky Sports' Standard Definition channels are to be no more. Effective from early October, ALL Sky Sports channels will only be offered in HD. The price of this change? An additional £2/month (discounted from £6).

Personally this won't affect me for a few months as I negotiated HD Sports as standard in my most recent contract. It will only come into play when that ends.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback