PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Comments

• If you have any concerns over the registered extent of what you are buying compared with the reality on the ground then you should raise this with your conveyancer and with the seller as appropriate.
    I decided this discrepancy was not a concern, just something of an anomaly.
    Slight differences may occur where older/newer Ordnance Survey detail has been used for each title plan. But that has to be considered along with the general boundaries point as well as the reality on the ground. We would not update the older one or re map the newer one using older detail so if it's a slight difference then it will remain as such on the title plans and we would, in my experience, reject any request to reconcile them
    Well that's useful to know. When, if ever, are Title Plans updated?
    Thank you for your help, Land Registry
    Reed
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,754
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Organisation Representative
    edited 11 September 2018 at 9:47AM
    Well that's useful to know. When, if ever, are Title Plans updated?
    Thank you for your help, Land Registry

Normally they are only updated if they are
    • Corrected for any reason, namely the registered extent/plan details are changed; or
    • If part of the title is transferred out/leased for example. Such an application triggers the need for a new plan for the transferred/leased part and as such the existing 'old' title is updated

Anomalies will always exist as titles have been registered over 150+ years and using different base maps, materials and techniques. But as the title plan is intended to show the general boundaries such anomalies can be acceptable for reasons explained in the previous post #690
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • HI LAND REGISTRY,

I am purchasing a property with a restriction and a charge against it the vendors solicitors said they applied for them to be taken off 3 weeks ago and would take 5 working days, can you check for me the title number is HS301897
    Thanks
  • Hi

I have an overpayment of CS pension that I have to repay. The pension administrator (PA) has offered that I can put a charge on my home meaning the debt will be repaid when I sell.

Do I do this myself by filling in forms at Land Registry or does the PA have to do it?

TIA
  • Land_Registry
    HI LAND REGISTRY,

I am purchasing a property with a restriction and a charge against it the vendors solicitors said they applied for them to be taken off 3 weeks ago and would take 5 working days, can you check for me the title number is HS301897
    Thanks

I'm afraid I can see no evidence of any application having been submitted against that title as yet
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land_Registry
    poppy08 wrote: »
    Hi

I have an overpayment of CS pension that I have to repay. The pension administrator (PA) has offered that I can put a charge on my home meaning the debt will be repaid when I sell.

Do I do this myself by filling in forms at Land Registry or does the PA have to do it?

TIA

Entirely a matter for the two of you - I would perhaps expect the creditor to apply but all depends on what type of charge is being applied for and how
  • Entirely a matter for the two of you - I would perhaps expect the creditor to apply but all depends on what type of charge is being applied for and how
    Thank you. I think, given the numerous mistakes MyCSP have made re my pension, I would rather do it myself. Could you possibly name the form(s) I need to fill in .

Thanks again.
  • Land_Registry
    poppy08 wrote: »
    Thank you. I think, given the numerous mistakes MyCSP have made re my pension, I would rather do it myself. Could you possibly name the form(s) I need to fill in .
    Thanks again.

We can't tell you how the charge should be protected on the register I'm afraid so that may be something to check with the other party.

Our PG 19 explains how interests can be protected and refers to some of the more common examples, which may assist. The PG links to the appropriate forms depending on which application is to be made
  • Hi,

We are waiting 3 weeks now for the vendor's solicitor to make actions to dis apply the restrictions on the land registry, so we could proceed to the exchange, but they do not really do anything.

I have spoken to the estate agent today, and they asked me if we want to proceed without removing the restrictions.

Is it bad, or what could happen?
  • Hi,
    We are looking to purchase a small piece of land from the bottom of our neighbour's garden, approx 20ft for the sum of £4,000. I looked on Land Registry website and it appeared that all we needed to do was submit forms TP1 and AP1 along with the appropriate fee. After obtaining a copy of the ordnance survey plan reference map from your website, we discovered she has a charge on the property for an equity release mortgage.
    She has contacted her lender and they have requested her solicitor provide a plan of the plot looking to be released and following that a property valuation with costs of £500. As we agreed to pay the figure of £4000 and fees based on the fact that I felt sufficiently competent to complete/submit the forms, I do not want to pay solicitors fees for something that may not happen. (we will now be paying out an additional unplanned £500 with no guarantee that permission will be granted)
    What I wanted to ask is if there is a legal requirement for any correspondence to a lender to be from a solicitor and if permission is granted, am I correct in assuming we simply need to submit AP1 and TP1? I read about the ID1 and it stated that if the transaction is under £6000 this is not required. Have I read this correctly? If I have misunderstood the process please could you clarify it for me?
    Many thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure