Seating for the Lion King, Lyceum Theatre London

Hey all, first time poster, long time reader. I am planning to take my gf to London to celebrate our 3 year annivesary :) towards the end of April. I had it in mind to go to either Les Miserables or The Lion King. Les Miserables has nothing but awful seats left for the time I want to go, so I am going to go with the Lion King which I hear is better anyway and which she loves. However the only decent seats available in the stall section (Tuesday 27th April) are either ones in Row D which are full price (56 pounds) which I am happy to pay if it is a decent row?

There are premium seats for a saucy 68 each, really don't want to have to fork out that much, does anyone have any experience of seating in the Lyceum?

Much obliged :)

Comments

• kt21
    kt21 Posts: 745 Forumite
    have a look at theatremonkey.co.uk for seat reviews.
  • hiya
    I've seen it twice now, in the stalls 1st but the last time we saw it sitting right up in the Gods....was absolutely brilliant, anywhere you sit it's worth it as there is so much to look at all around the theatre :)

enjoy!
  • MzFitz
    MzFitz Posts: 80 Forumite
    Check theatremonkey for discounts too - menu at the left hand side.
    I prefer stalls tix, I zzz'd off through Lion King - we were in the rear dress circle, I didn't feel involved with the story and just ......... it is a very visual show, being closer would be better, in my opinion.
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,314 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hey all, first time poster, long time reader. I am planning to take my gf to London to celebrate our 3 year annivesary :) towards the end of April. I had it in mind to go to either Les Miserables or The Lion King. Les Miserables has nothing but awful seats left for the time I want to go, so I am going to go with the Lion King which I hear is better anyway and which she loves. However the only decent seats available in the stall section (Tuesday 27th April) are either ones in Row D which are full price (56 pounds) which I am happy to pay if it is a decent row?

There are premium seats for a saucy 68 each, really don't want to have to fork out that much, does anyone have any experience of seating in the Lyceum?

Much obliged :)

We sat in row D stalls when we saw TLK acouple of years ago - we thought the seats were great.
    It's a fantastic show, you'll have a great time.
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £345
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • i was in the gods in the standing seats (basically you get to stand at the very back at the top and watch for £12)
    only annoying thing was people had a go during the interval , one woman told us to move out of her way, to which i replied, this is my seat you move!
    (honestly if she'd said excuse me i'd have moved but the attitude she had was awful!)
    it was fab and you can dance about without feeling too silly
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• The_One_Who
    The_One_Who Posts: 2,418 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I also recommend Theatre Monkey for seat reviews.

I sat in the first row of the highest balcony, and the seats were amazing. Although you couldn't really see the close up detail on the headmasks, you don't really need to. Buy a programme if you want to see it. The seats gave a really good overview of what was going on.
  • Bit of a late reply but I just got 4 tickets to the lion king london show at Uktickets.co.uk. Here's the link if you want to check out Lion King London tickets.
    I'm an addict to as many freebies as possible!
  • Bit of a late reply as well! I'd say that Row D in the Stalls is a great place to sit, especially if the seats are central. I would prefer a seat in the Stalls as opposed to either of the circles because you are right in the thick of the action that way! I've seen it 3 times, and the one I saw in the Stalls definitely beat the other 2.
  • I just found a seating plan for the Lyceum on this website: http://www.theatres.tv/london/lyceum-theatre/

Looks informative about which seats are best to buy, too. Just thought I'd share with anyone who is thinking about seating for The Lion King, cos sometimes it's really hard to decide where to sit and which seats have restricted views etc. I know in the past that I have bought seats not knowing that I couldn't even see half the stage!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure