Cheap theatre ticket discussion

Comments

• Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know about a great new offer we've got on Derren Brown at the Adelphi. It runs for the next 3 weeks (until the 15th July) and it's valid for Monday to Wednesday shows.

Top price tickets (usually £45) plus a FREE 2 course meal at Sophie's Steakhouse (which is in Covent Garden) for ONLY £45.

To book you can either click onto the HIT THE THEATRE site (and look up Derren Brown in the Events section)

or CALL US NOW on 020 71939050

Thanks a lot and please let us know if you go to the show and your thoughts.

Cheers,

Will.

[EMAIL="info@hitthetheatre.co.uk"]info@hitthetheatre.co.uk[/EMAIL]

020 71939050
  • Roo1
    Roo1 Posts: 3 Newbie
    The arts council are giving away free theatre tickets to anyone under the age of 26 under the try something different scheme.

To get the free tickets all you have to do is go to anightlessordinary(.org.uk) sorry it won't let me put in a link on the link below and type in your postcode so the site can find participating theatres near you and book some free tickets!
  • DERREN BROWN

He's playing in the West End at the moment at the Adelphi Theatre. If you're looking for cheap tickets, Hit The Theatre have an offer of best seats with a Free Meal at Sophie's Steakhouse for £45 (which is the price you'd pay for the tickets on their own!).

Number is 0207 1939050 or you can book online.
  • :jAnyone with a Salford postcode can get a free 'Lowry Theatre card', lots of free, and discounted events for locals!
  • Hi,

For any fans of DIANA VICKERS from 2008's X Factor, she is starring in the hit show THE RISE & FALL OF LITTLE VOICE.

It's a great play and Diana Vickers ends up singing a number of classic tunes.

The offer from Hit The Theatre is for best seats (usually £48.50) reduced down to ONLY £19.50. It's available for Monday to Wednesday performances until the show closes on the 30th January.

To buy click:

hitthetheatre.co.uk/littlevoice.php

Or Call 0207 193 9050

There are NO Booking Fees for the offer.

Thanks,

Will.

hitthetheatre.co.uk
  • Roo1 wrote: »
    The arts council are giving away free theatre tickets to anyone under the age of 26 under the try something different scheme.

To get the free tickets all you have to do is go to anightlessordinary(.org.uk) sorry it won't let me put in a link on the link below and type in your postcode so the site can find participating theatres near you and book some free tickets!

Managed to book tickets for the panto at Birmingham Hippodrome yesterday under this scheme so the kids all got FREE tickets, as they were under 16, they have to have an adult with them, but saved nearly £125 as taking 5 kids!!! Thank you so much for all the advice on this website:T
    Proud to be dealing with my debts,
    light bulb moment: 2/1/2010, reviewed 7/1/2012

• To register all you need to do is:

1. Visit one of Sheffield Theatres’ Box Office staff, located in the Crucible Theatre – Tudor Square, and register with them. Simply bring along evidence that you are aged under 26 and we will issue you with your membership card there and then!

2. Alternatively you can call the Box Office on 0114 249 6000, register and request your tickets. To complete the registration process you need to visit the Box Office with evidence that you are aged under 26 and we will issue you with your membership card and process your booking.

3. ANLO tickets will be available for selected performances on the 1st Tuesday of every month, remember it operates on a first come first served basis so make sure you don’t miss out. Performances with tickets available will have the ANLO details next to them.

4. You’re able to book for up to 2 extra people as long as they have already registered for the scheme and you take along their ANLO cards or another form of identification. Please note that your tickets will be available for collection between 10-6 on the day of the performance, after 6pm reservations will be released.

5. Although we’ll be emailing you each month with the details of shows you can book for, you can also check our dedicated Facebook Group for details of upcoming performances, offers and special events.

So, don’t forget to tell your friends and take advantage of this great scheme! Enjoy the show!

Please note, to be eligible for free tickets you need to agree to share your information with Arts Council England at the Box Office – don’t worry they won’t pass your information on to anyone else! Tickets will also be subject to change and availability.

Available from Tuesday 5 January:

Bonachela Dance Company. The Land of Yes and The Land of No (Lyceum Theatre) – Tuesday 26 January, 7.45pm
    Opera della Luna: Die Fledermaus (Lyceum Theatre) - Thursday 28 January, 7.45pm

Available from Tuesday 2 February:

Whistle Down the Wind (Lyceum Theatre) – Wednesday 3 February, 7.45pm

Stomp (Lyceum Theatre) – Wednesday 10, 7.45pm & Friday 12 February, 5.00pm

Pasion de Buena Vista (Lyceum Theatre) – Tuesday 16 February, 7.45pm

An Enemy of the People (Crucible Theatre) – Wednesday 17 & Wednesday 24 February, 7.30pm

The Woman in Black (Lyceum Theatre) – Wednesday 24 February, 7.45pm

Available from Tuesday 2 March:

An Enemy of the People (Crucible Theatre) – Wednesday 3, Wednesday 10 & Wednesday 17 March, 7.30pm

Spike Milligan’s Adolf Hitler. My Part in his Downfall (Lyceum Theatre) – Wednesday 3 March, 7.45pm

Sisters (Studio Theatre) – Wednesday 17 & Wednesday 24 March, 7.45pm

Traces (Crucible Theatre) – Monday 22 March, 7.30pm

Showstopper! (Crucible Theatre) – Thursday 25 March, 7.30pm

The Rocky Horror Show (Lyceum Theatre) – Friday 26 March, 5.30pm

English Touring Opera. Don Pasquale (Lyceum Theatre) – Monday 29 March, 7.45pm

English Touring Opera. The Marriage of Figaro (Lyceum Theatre) – Tuesday 30 March, 7.45pm

English Touring Opera. A Midsummer Night’s Dream (Lyceum Theatre) – Wednesday 31 March, 7.45pm

There’s Only One Wayne Matthews (Studio Theatre) – Wednesday 31 March, 7.00pm

The Magic of Motown (Lyceum Theatre) – Saturday 3 April, 7.45pm

Available from Tuesday 6 April:

Rambert Dance Company. Comedy of Change Tour 2010 (Lyceum Theatre) – Wednesday 28 April 7.45pm

For more information contact Sheffield Theatres Box Office on 0114 249 6000.
  • Lugh_Chronain
    Lugh_Chronain Posts: 6,867 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 February 2010 at 9:34PM
    What is A Night Less Ordinary?

A Night Less Ordinary is an Arts Council England scheme in association with Metro, which will provide 618,000 free theatre tickets to anyone under 26 in more than 200 venues across England.

Who is entitled?

Any person aged 25 or below, ie under (and not including) 26, can obtain tickets.

How many tickets can I obtain?

This depends on the individual venue but most venues will allow you to obtain more than one ticket on behalf of your under-26 friends.

Can I return to the same venue for more free tickets?

Yes, in most venues you can return to as many different shows as you like, however, check the terms and conditions of the participating venue.

What do I have to do to get the tickets?

Search for a venue near to you (by post code or town/city), click on the link ‘Get free tickets’, which will open up a new window and take you straight to the venue’s website. Each venue will have its own terms and conditions, which you can read through, then either use their online booking system (if applicable) or call their box office to order your free tickets, subject to availability.

How long will the scheme be running for?

Two years. A Night Less Ordinary will run from February 2009 until March 2011.

What theatres are participating?

There are over 200 theatres and arts venues participating all over the country. Check our website for what centres are taking part in your local area. Some of these include: Battersea Arts Centre, Almeida, Young Vic, Soho Theatre, Donmar Warehouse, Tricycle Theatre, The Gate, The Bush, Birmingham Rep, Nottingham Playhouse, Barbican, Liverpool Everyman Playhouse, The Marlowe Canterbury, Watford Palace Theatre and many more.

Why is the scheme only open to under-26-year-olds?

The Arts Council is continuously looking at new ways of reaching people of all ages who do not currently engage with the arts, as part of our mission to get great art to everyone.

Children and young people are a priority for us as research shows that people who are given the opportunity to experience arts when young are much more likely to develop a habit of attending which then stays with them for life. This is why under-26-year-olds were selected as the target audience for A Night Less Ordinary.

We will be reviewing the impact of A Night Less Ordinary and assessing the effectiveness of this approach in reaching young people. At that stage we will also be able to judge the potential of this approach to reach other groups that do not currently attend or participate in the arts.

How come the offer seems different at different theatres?

Some theatres have adopted the scheme in slightly different ways - to fit in with their way of working and other schemes they may be running for young people, and to appeal to their audiences. When you contact each participating venue, the box office staff will be able to explain any differences to you.
  • Lugh_Chronain
    Lugh_Chronain Posts: 6,867 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 April 2010 at 10:51PM
    These are some of the shows taking part:

Alfie
    Spamalot
    Dirty Dancing
    Avenue Q
    Dreamboats and Petticoats
    Beautiful thing
    Elephant
    Bedroom Farce
    Grease
    Carman
    Sister Act
    Chicago
    The Fantasticks
    Oliver
    Dangerous Liasons
    Les Miserables
    Thriller
    Women in Black

May Madness - 50% off at LastMinute.com
  • jemclajess
    jemclajess Posts: 382 Forumite
    edited 1 October 2010 at 4:32PM
    Hi everyone,
    I'm being chucked out of the house for the day with my 3 daughters whilst we have heating/work done to the house and I have decided to take the kids to London for the day shopping as its only about 30 minutes on the train.
    As a treat at half term I have decided to take them to see a show. They are 20, 15 and 13 and my 20 year old daughter has seen Dirty Dancing and Grease and myself and my 15 year old daughter have seen Grease too. My eldest is keen on Wicked or The Lion King and I have spent hours searching the web for reasonable, good enough view/seats to buy. I have also managed to add my 15 year old daughters best friend to the group and the best I can find is Wicked £50 a ticket for 'second price seats' or The Lion King' for 'top price stalls/royal circle seats' at £55.00 a ticket with Last Minute.com. I'm really confused by the Last minute terms for their seats and dont want to pay £250 (for Wicked) or £275 for The Lion King to end up with not a particularly good view/seat. I think I've left it a bit late as we want to go on Thursday 28th October which is half term and less than 4 weeks away but as it is these tickets will cost me more money than I've got and I will have to pay train fares and Mcdonalds/meal too!!
    Please can someone help me?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport