Direct Report Injured at work then Sacked.

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    TBagpuss wrote: »
    (this type of thing is why, in our office,it's a always me, or my co-owner, who does things like standing on chair to change a light-bulb, or open the loft hatch, not any of our employees.)
    :rotfl: and why at our place I start jumping up and down BEFORE anyone climbs onto a rotating office chair to access something they can't quite reach! Especially as we have a kickstool which some people didn't realise would stop moving as soon as you stand on it so is much safer!

And no-one's allowed in the loft on their own ...
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Smellyonion
    Smellyonion Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 August 2018 at 6:00PM
    You changed your tone very quickly sangie595.

You stated this:
    She wasn't dismissed for health and safety; and "health and safety" isn't one of the reasons for being able to bring a claim before two years anyway!
    Read it a few times and think. It's ok to be wrong. Using exclamation marks when you were clearly wrong is very embarrassing for yourself and constitutes a very poor tone.

Now your entire argument has changed to now debating whether or not she was dismissed due to a h&s issues.

I would still argue she was. Everything has a cause and effect. She could very easily link the two.

She could;
    1) have an injury claim and that she fell due to the employers negligence"

2) if the broken arm was deemed the be caused by the employers h&s negligence and that led to her dismissal then put two and two together. Therefore she was dismissed due to h&s. She could also argue that they dismissed her to avoid the issue of her reporting it.

Either way, your opinions are discredited in my view.
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I see we have a new disruptive voice on the forums, appear more interested in winding up other posters than anything else.
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • marlot
    marlot Posts: 4,933 Forumite
    ...Either way, your opinions are discredited in my view.
    Please drop it. Sangie is one of the most knowledgeable people around on employment law, and has helped hundreds of people on here when they've been in immense difficulty and pain.

You seem to be seeking to make a point that exists in your own mind. Go and be borish and argumentative somewhere else please.
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    marlot wrote: »
    Please drop it. Sangie is one of the most knowledgeable people around on employment law, and has helped hundreds of people on here when they've been in immense difficulty and pain.

You seem to be seeking to make a point that exists in your own mind. Go and be borish and argumentative somewhere else please.
    Don't worry. I suspect that anyone checking IP addresses might find that we have another alter ego here. The posting style looks very similar to someone who has been attempting to prove they are a expert on everything around here recently.

But thank you.
  • TBagpuss
    TBagpuss Posts: 11,199 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    :rotfl: and why at our place I start jumping up and down BEFORE anyone climbs onto a rotating office chair to access something they can't quite reach! Especially as we have a kickstool which some people didn't realise would stop moving as soon as you stand on it so is much safer!

And no-one's allowed in the loft on their own ...

We don't go in the loft, but we've been opening the hatches in this hot weather as it helps keep the office a little cooler. And only ever stand on the chairs which have proper legs and no wheels or rotation!
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
  • marlot wrote: »

When you are so adamant of your correctness and self-worth that you reply in such a way that I constituted as rude and argumentative then you better be ready to accept the consequences when proven wrong.

You do not reply to another remarks "as mostly nonsense" or use unnecessary apostrophes.

Either way, it is all here for all to see - a life lesson.

On another note, this a public forum and neither you nor Sangie own the place so telling people to go somewhere else is not within your remit and again proves your egotistic and narcissistic tendency's.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite

You do not reply to another remarks "as mostly nonsense" or use unnecessary apostrophes.

On another note, this a public forum and neither you nor Sangie own the place so telling people to go somewhere else is not within your remit and again proves your egotistic and narcissistic tendency's.

The irony. IT HURTS.

Also Sangie is using quotation marks, not apostrophes. :)
  • Smellyonion
    Smellyonion Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    The irony. IT HURTS.

Also Sangie is using quotation marks, not apostrophes. :)

My bad - Meant an exclamation mark.
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Happy to call out others but can not admit their own failings. Sounds like a banned member with an axe to grind. Still no further evidence of helping the OP.

Yawn.
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure