What small DFW things will you do w/c 10th June?

Options

Comments

• 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks HK ds1 is back to school today, hes messaged whilst on his lunch break to say its really hurting today but he'll have walked more today then the last 4 days in total so not a surprise. I'll have the bag of frozen peas ready to go on his ankle when he gets home.
    I hope that everything is coming together ready for your surgery.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:

Thanks for the kick off DNMS!

Big hellos to everyone else!

I'm just trying to sort through our spends but OH has gone and done it this time... Bought something at £800 (!!!) and was going to do a money transfer and then pay it off, but alas, when he came to do the transfer (after buying the thing) the deal had expired... So now we've got an unplanned £800 spend this month, but in good news we have less credit card debt...So I'm trying to suck it up and not get too annoyed. Thanks to YNAB I should be able to juggle bits and pieces I guess...just not what the money was meant to be being set aside for... :(Bleeding heck, I've just reconciled our budgets by tweaking a few little categories and we've still got £6.5k saved for yearly expenditure/mat leave coverage. :eek::D
    Here's me:
    - Ordered reusable wet wipes rather than disposable - v excited about not having to use wet wipes :rotfl:

That is the kind of thing my OH would do :eek::eek:
    What are reusable wet wipes like? For nappy changes I guess? I confess to buying a bundle of face flannels from the market and use them to wipe mucky children's faces and hands - they don't like it much, but then they didn't like the wet wipes either :rotfl: They get thrown in the washing machine after use. I still use ordinary wet wipes for GS's nappies though. When my children were small, we used to use damp/ wet cotton wool, but it wasn't very handy when you were away from home.
  • merida88
    merida88 Posts: 116 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread DNMS!
    ditty1234 wrote: »
    Morning all, so far brought lunch and coffee for the commute, slightly unresolved about dinner but took sausages out of freezer.
    NSD yesterday *
    Probably LSD today as am running out of milk.
    Want to upcycle a dress, but need to find more matching material as it is too tie dyed. And fit is boxy.
    Club run tonight (£1.63 a week as long as I go every week.)
    Find affordable AirBNB for a short stay in July, somewhere spectacular :-)

Do you like the Lake District? We stayed in a fab place last winter - it's quite remote though!
    Today I will be mostly re-writing my CV. A colleague at the place I volunteer very kindly offered me some interview coaching, and suggested some changes to my CV, so I'll be doing that today. I'm not very good at blowing my own trumpet - but as Blackadder once said, 'You could at least have told us you have a trumpet'. Need to be a bit more bullish. Which isn't easy when your confidence is in your boots - but maybe I can do it on paper even if I'm not feeling it. Fake it till you make it!! Done. I sound blumin' fabulous.

Love that Blackadder quote! And hugs - I LOATHE job hunting, and we move a lot so I have to do it fairly frequently. Got everything crossed that the right thing will come together!

Right, today's list:
    - Gym AM to use membership
    - Bike to work PM, even if it's raining
    - All meals and snacks from stores
    - at least something from the house/garden list
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Ds1 came home from school, slumped on the sofa with his ankle on ice and was asleep within minutes, his dodgy foot has taken its toll!! He slept for about 20 mins then woke because he was hungry (teenage boy = always hungry!) He came and looked in the fridge, announced there was no food in to eat. He is now happy as he's tucked into a big jacket potato with some chicken breast I'd coated in fajeita spices, tomatoes, sweetcorn, peppers, cucumber and lettuce (he's since added a dollop of brown sauce as he didn't fancy salad cream tonight....strange boy!)

Its been quite bright here all day, managed to get both lots of washing dried on the line. Most of which has now been hung straight away, just a few bits added to the ironing pile. Its now come over quite dark and we're forecast a heavy downpour, I'm hoping that we have the rubbish weather now and that the summer holidays are nice and dry as its much cheaper for me to keep two boys entertained if we have a warm summer!
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • Karb
    Karb Posts: 853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello everyone. It's very rare for me to find time to browse the forum nowadays. Good to see some familiar names, as well as one or two new ones.

A NSD for me, as I haven't left the house. Been working from home due to man flu. I was supposed to go to London for a meeting, but my boss messaged me first thing to say that she wasn't well and wouldn't be able to meet with me, which was a result as I really didn't feel up to making the journey.

Really haven't done much at all. Tin of soup for dinner, then made a curry to use up yesterday's leftover beef. That did for tea tonight, with enough left over for one more meal, and enough beef left for a sandwich tomorrow.

Checked online banking, updated spreadsheet. Requested a new debit card, as the contactless has stopped working on my existing one. Think that's about it.
    Debt free since December 2015. It can be done

• Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When mine were in nappies I bought a stack of flannels from IKEA and used them instead of wet wipes. We dampened them either under the tap or we had a small bowl of water when at home, when out and about I used water from my (refillable) water bottle. We just washed them along with the nappies and fleece (originally a blanket, cut up) liners.

Karb beef sandwich, yum. I can't remember when I last had 1.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Merida - we were going to the Lake District but everything is very expensive in the summer, but I'll have another look.
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yeah, I've just bought some bamboo flannels... Wash 'em, take them out the WM wet and instead of drying them lock them away in a plastic tub/bag. Some people soak them in camomile tea or lavender water but we'll see. I'm just so excited because we have hardly any waste today :T
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Up early listening to the rain. Safe to say, today I'll get wet! Oh well. If anyone sees summer though, ask it to come back :p

Today's list:
    Washing on, will go on airer
    Meals from stores, use up lunch from round up of fridge
    Check banking, paid 2 annual bills from bills pot. Updated sheet. Juggled one of the pots that's not been used to be put to better use elsewhere
    Go to a shop that has something on offer, found on my supermarket for best deal. Just get that.
    Check PMP
    Check for surveys
    Work from home :j

Have a good day all. Purps.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,113 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning Frugalistas (both new & old)
    The rain woke me early, so decided to get up & start my day. A few routine bits of money saving activity on my list today:
    *Defo a no-spend day as heavy rain forecast all day - certainly too wet for cycling into town.
    *Use-it-up meals tonight. Mr F on v late shift & is taking a leftover curry/rice/bombay potatoes combo box from freezer. I'm going to use up a single portion of fish.
    *Ironing (noooo!) as little as I can get away with.
    *Continue stash knitting challenge.
    *Filing session for financial paperwork.
    *Resume blitz of my little HQ room.
    *Defrost soup for lunch - it's definitely chilly enough.
    *Check flood alerts for our area.
    Coffee & toast first...... & cat-feeding. Cat seems to have forgiven us for unexpected vet trip on Sunday & has stopped sulking.
    HK - Hope all the pre-op stuff isn't too horribly stressful. It sounds like it's taking a lot of time & I'm sending my best wishes for a positive outcome.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure