Barclaycard Platinun

Options
I understand your problem. Both my husband and I have Barclay Cards. My card gives reward points and hubby's is a Platinum Card which I assumed would have better rewards than mine.
When I saw Martin on This Morning recommending the new Platinum Plus card with cash back I contacted Barclaycard by phone and asked for both cards to be updated to the new card. I was told this could not be done as it is not available to anyone who already have a Barclay Card.
I also found out from the customer service agent that the Platinum Card gives no rewards whatsoever. They upgraded hubby's card to the reward card but I will be seeking a new credit card as I feel Barclay have not been honest with their customers.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    lona43 wrote: »
    I understand your problem. Both my husband and I have Barclay Cards. My card gives reward points and hubby's is a Platinum Card which I assumed would have better rewards than mine.
    When I saw Martin on This Morning recommending the new Platinum Plus card with cash back I contacted Barclaycard by phone and asked for both cards to be updated to the new card. I was told this could not be done as it is not available to anyone who already have a Barclay Card.
    I also found out from the customer service agent that the Platinum Card gives no rewards whatsoever. They upgraded hubby's card to the reward card but I will be seeking a new credit card as I feel Barclay have not been honest with their customers.

How have they been dishonest?

Platinum cards have never offered rewards - they offer better purchase and BT rates.

Only the Freedom Rewards card has reward points and the new Platinum Plus Cashback card provides cashback but only until a set date - it’s not a permanent offering.

It’s clear on Barclays website (and other literature) you can only hold one Barclaycard and can only reapply after 6 months of closing a previous card.
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    NoodleDoodleMan Posts: 3,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Platinum cards have never offered rewards
    Ours does - I'm the additional cardholder on 'er indoors account.

https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/credit-cards/platinum-cashback-plus
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I put that in my reply
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    NoodleDoodleMan Posts: 3,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 20 May 2019 at 3:33PM
    Options
    It was the "never" reference that rattled my cage.

Apologies.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport