PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2010 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Please can you put me down for £50.00 for December?

Already spent £2.38 today on toilet rolls and a newspaper. I doubled up £5 worth of my clubcard vouchers today and got myself some pj's as have been really cold in bed lately :( Slightly annoyed though as got them home and the bottoms are 2 sizes too big (I suspect someone has changed the packs as the hanger and top are the right size) so i'll have to take them back tomorrow and swap them. Luckily I only work a few minutes walk away.

Not really grocery related, but saved myself a bit of money today by cancelling going to our work xmas do. I've only been there a couple of months and very few people are going so i'm not just being a total misery! It's over £20 for what is really just a roast dinner and i'd rather spend that money on something else.
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • Hi everyone, hope you are all well and warm in this cold weather :snow_grin
    Couple of small spends today & yesterday to stock up a few bits and pieces, and managed to get some whoopies which I have used today to make soup for OH to take to work, he is on nights, and chicken tikka masala for tea.

Going for a NSD tomorrow and hopefully Friday too :T
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. :)

Weight loss 3 stone :D
  • elf06
    elf06 Posts: 1,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    freakyogre wrote: »
    Slightly annoyed though as got them home and the bottoms are 2 sizes too big (I suspect someone has changed the packs as the hanger and top are the right size) so i'll have to take them back tomorrow and swap them. Luckily I only work a few minutes walk away.

:rotfl: I totally read that as BUTTONS and couldnt work out why someone would go to all that bother (plus not get caught)
    Emma :dance:

Aug GC - £88.17/£130
    NSD - target 18 days, so far 5!!
  • katholicos
    katholicos Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    An NSD today, we ate from the food cupboards today so no buying groceries hurrah!
    Grocery Challenge for October: £135/£200

NSD Challenge: October 0/14
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 3,401 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    can you please put me down for 300 pounds for dec
    thanks
    mfw'11 No68- 55k mortgage İO--little to nothing saved! i must do better.
  • guccigoo
    guccigoo Posts: 483 Forumite
    Spent £22 in mr s today as i needed urgent supplies because of being snowed in :eek: Had to walk there and was not happy :mad:

Dont think the online supermarkets are delivering at the moment but going to do an order tonight just in case.

Hope everyone is well, off to read the rest of the thread now and update sig :D
    I will lose 2 stone by this summer!!!!!!
  • sharronej
    sharronej Posts: 578 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 December 2010 at 9:49PM
    ebayqueen wrote: »

Ah well we would be rich if we didn't have kids...and mine are all taller than me so I cant whack them anymore:p Only kiddin;)

Mine too, my eldest lad is 6ft 5 (21 yrs) however I can still bring him down to size with a quick pull of his ear or if I stand on my tip toes (me 5Ft3) I can still give him a timely whack......the only problem is that he then picks me up and moves me out of the way :rotfl:

First spend tonight at MrT's, dh took me down in the car spent £56.50 but that included some coffee for the cupboard stock and cheese on B1g1F so have put one in freezer, also two deep pies for the freezer so should be able to stretch over a couple of weeks. Got some reduced bacon so will make a couple of quiches up which will stretch the bacon over a couple of meals.
  • ebayqueen_2
    ebayqueen_2 Posts: 1,175 Forumite
    Ah he sounds lovely. What would we do without them!
    Its hilarious when I am giving off to my 15 year old (BABY:) of the house) and I am looking up at him and it still works ...he still gets the message!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting greyer by the day :)
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" :) C. S. Lewis
  • Ditz
    Ditz Posts: 22 Forumite
    £120 for me this month please. I totally blew last month's attempt at £100, coming in at an idiotic £70. Too many take-aways!
    Trying to take control of my home and belongings!
  • Thank you all for your kind words,
    unfortunately its getting worse not better but as all things in life, it get worse before u notice how good it is when its sorted!
    on a very happy positive note (well two) i got my gorgeous courtesy car today, and then mum, bless her as i didnt want to move with the ice and the snow nipped and got me some goodies, so i have about 30 satsumas... yummy, lots of cooked meats for sandwiches, milk, bread, cake (i love my mum) anda pie for my dinner, my dad then came around and moved my microwave down so i could reach it, and some ofthe essentials sout of the cupborrds onto my table. and to make the aft even better, my auntie and uncle phoned me and offered me a large amount of money to go with the insurance money for a new car. i am one lucky girlie.

:D

SS x
    Each day is a new beginning, look at what you have an be grateful for every tiny thing. You don't know when it may be taken away.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure