Debt Relief Order, 02 and Virgin.

Hi all,

I am submitting my paperwork for my DRO in the next week or so but have just realised that my 02 contract, sim only £15 pm is due to end in May.

My Virgin Contract for internet and TV £56 pm is due to end in August.

Neither of these companies will form part of my DRO. Should i switch providers now or wait till the end of of my contracts? I am just worried that i wont be able to get phone and internet if i wait.

Thanks

Comments

• Twubble
    Twubble Posts: 80 Forumite
    I'm in the 10th month of my DRO, and I've just moved from Sky to Plusnet for my broadband and phone, as my Sky was rocketing up at the end of a deal. I had no problems changing at all.
  • Thanks Twubble for your response. All sorted with the tinternet now, just need to sort out phone.
  • Hi, did the phone get sorted? I’m in exactly the same boat and it says not to secure credit of more than £500 in the first 12 months- so does that mean my contract that I’m about to renew will go down as a new lump sum I’m owing to o2 and I will have broken the conditions? I’m the long run I need to renew as I will go on a cheaper monthly tariff.
  • Hey, i was able to keep my VM and mobile contracts and loan for phone, Vm was very helpful when as long as i was not in debt with them that i was not.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure