Free baby box from Lidl and Baby Box Co

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/whats-on/family-kids-news/free-baby-box-lidl-you-15678921?fbclid=IwAR2Zvtnt3Vm7CsJXd1lNSiEeHNh5BoDTq_tha5Z4_NfjrzPOJb1Uf8jBS0M

1 x mattress and waterproof cover

1 x fitted sheet

1 x 24 pack of Lupilu newborn nappies

1 x 56 pack of Lupilu newborn wipes

1 x muslin

Direct link to apply https://edu.babyboxco.com/register
I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• My daughter mentioned this yesterday. To get the box and contents, you have to register, and then complete a short, online parenting course. This involved watching a few vidoes and answering some questions - my daughter said that it was very easy.

The boxes are then sent out to you a week later, unless you can collect from a store, but not all stores are collection points. My daughter has chosen to collect from a store in a nearby town. Her baby is due in nine weeks.
  • IMPORTANT

Today I took my daughter to collect her box and contents. Firstly, I apologise as I made an error in the bove post. The boxes cannot be collected from stores - they are available to collect from some Surestart Centres (selected ones only). If you want it posting out, there is a charge of $9.00 (yep, dollars, not pounds).

So, I drove my daughter to collect hers this morning, from the next town as that is the nearest collection point. She received the box, mattress, and sheet. The nappies, baby wipes, and muslin cloth were not there, so she asked about them, The Surestart staff member said that they are not included.

My daughter has phoned Lidl customer services who said that it is nothing to do with them, they are only advertising on behalf of the Baby Box Company. When my daughter pointed out that they are advertising that the boxes come with Lidl products that are not actually being included, the customer service rep said that they ahve had a number of phone calls this morning, and the details will be passed to their marketing department. They advised that my daughter contact the Baby Box Company. She has emailed them, and they hope to respond withing 3-4 working days.

So to recap, you still get the box, mattress and sheet after completing the 15 minute course and test. You can either pay for delivery (making it a low cost freebie) or collect from selected children's centres (we have at least six in a town of 180,000 people, but none that are collection points). The box does not necessarily come with all of the advertised products. Lidl are not interested.

Hope that this helps someone.
  • Hi, thanks for posting this. I've been trying to work out exactly what is included. Completed the course but as there's not many collection points, figuring out if it's worth actually collecting it. Did your daughter ever get a reply from Baby Box?
  • kingfisherblue
    kingfisherblue Posts: 9,203 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Reloth wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for posting this. I've been trying to work out exactly what is included. Completed the course but as there's not many collection points, figuring out if it's worth actually collecting it. Did your daughter ever get a reply from Baby Box?

She eventually received a small pack of nappies and a small pack of baby wipes. The box itself is lovely though. My grandson was born last week, and is sleeping in it at the moment. It's quite strong, so will be used as a toy box afterwards. If there is an easily accessible collection point, it's worth it, but if you have to travel several miles, probably not.
  • Hi! So I signed up for his today! The website is ALOT of data collection (so many mailing lists to unsubscribe from) and there was no option to collect only to have posted for £19.95! Which isn’t a freebie in my opinion!
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,889 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Freakprod wrote: »
    Hi! So I signed up for his today! The website is ALOT of data collection (so many mailing lists to unsubscribe from) and there was no option to collect only to have posted for £19.95! Which isn’t a freebie in my opinion!

Unfortunately some areas it does say 19.99 .
    https://club.yourbabyclub.co.uk/

Most areas should be available to claim at Lidl according to their Facebook page?
    lidlbox-landing.jpg
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure