Januarys Bring Your Lunch To Work

Options

Comments

• DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Husband was not minded to spend two hours prepping everything needed for his stew, but reluctantly threw a bolognese together. Youngest (who adores Spag Bol) & I both delighted, and I was told to take my mugful before everyone else ate, as there was apple pie.

So today 1/18

I also cheered another lass on as she muttered she really ought to & I suggested starting with a fun lidded thing she trusts in her bag & can carry to & fro. Like the sistema lidded mugs I have a near rainbow of, as well as another I bought (in the sales) for eldest to try to lead him into good ways.

Working in the heart of the city, surrounded by food places, is not easy on the wallet. A certain self discipline is needed too, as otherwise you look & think "ooh!" & then "oops..."
  • awinterstale
    Options
    #29, Day 4/21. Today’s lunch was leftover crispbreads, soft cheese & cucumber plus a mini mince pie. Not very exciting but am determined to use up all the leftovers as best we can.
    TOTAL DEBT @ 01.02.20. = £21,452.67 :eek:
  • Saver.The.Taste
    Options
    Another leftover surprise cooking on the stove as I write this (i'm on night shifts for a bit). Ox cheek and Christmas veg stew, fingers crossed for this one
    Loving the sound of some of the ideas on here!!
    January Grocery Challenge £71.51/£150.00    48% spent!
    February Grocery Challenge £79.83/£112        71% spent!
    March Grocery Challenge £0.00/£93.00           0% spent!

Save 2022    £2305.21
  • In_Debt_Bet
    Options
    Day 4 done and dusted, pleased to report soup was very good, working from home tomorrow, I’ve been eating my lunch at my desk so I’m not tempted to buy food at work but the drawback is I get interrupted by people who just want to ask a’quick question’ .
    Worrying won't stop bad stuff from happening, it just stops you from enjoying the good.
  • funfairprincess
    Options
    Day 3 for me. Tea break consisted of a coffee and half a pack of shortbread not exactly healthy but it was good. Lunch was a couple of slices of salt and pepper bloomer with Wiltshire ham, coleslaw and a yoghurt. Took some diluting juice in a bottle and just topped it up with water at work. Also took a latte with me this morning for my journey in to work in my new travel mug.
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • laura8417
    laura8417 Posts: 244 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    3/15 - another tuna salad today. Tomorrow I have an impromptu day off and Usually on a day off I’ll go out to the local Tesco express for my lunch but I’ve already looked and i’ve got a tin of chicken noodle soup so I’m making hubby take the car with him to work and I’ll be having that tin instead!
    :heart:I Miss You Dad 1948 - 2016 :heart:
  • Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    First day back at work means 1/19 for me. Today's haul into the office included:

- overnight oats with berries for breakfast
    - curried parsnip and apple soup for lunch
    - tub of fruit to snack on plus an apple and banana.

Husband had the same.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • cookie02
    cookie02 Posts: 377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello all... so day 4/16 is done :). It was a leftovers day with pizza and a mix of leftover roasted veggies. I have tomato soup ready for tomorrow. It’s from a batch that I froze before Christmas so I didn’t have to cook today :D.
    Save 12k in 2022 #26
    Saving for Christmas 2022 #10
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    Day 4 for me today, still on the salad and humous in a toasted pitta, must make soup this weekend!!
  • taskey
    taskey Posts: 253 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yesterday was day 1/19 for me. Sunday leftover gulash. Was lovely.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure