Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Evening all :hello: :coffee:
    Another busy day - with a free lesson, which I promptly wasted by sitting looking at my to do list and fretting that I wasn't getting anything done. Good old procrastination eh? :rotfl: However, I have sorted out my observed lesson - that is good to go (almost) and I have another free tomorrow, which I'm hoping I'll feel a bit more perky for doing something in. I thought I wasn't tired, but when you're on the go and you suddenly stop then it all hits you. Also, my head of department has an awful lot going on personally and I'm trying to support him and get ready to take over when he inevitably has to have a bit of time off over the next few weeks. However, that is also tough when I barely have enough time to deal with my own responsibility in the department. But he rarely has time off so that's the least I can do for him.
    Had the phone appointment with my solicitor. I would laugh if it wasn't so stressful - we spoke for half an hour, which has cost me another £80 or so. He talked me through filling in the financial forms for the court order so I've filled them in, and just need to hand them back into his office. He also said he was surprised that the Decree Nisi wasn't through just yet and said he would chase that up for me. It's been almost 2 months since the paperwork for that was sent away, and we hoped that would be back by now.
    Then after the solicitor's appointment I caught up briefly with the department head who has had numerous complaints about one of the teachers (not me) and is in the middle of a load of personal rubbish as well. So I let him offload - I'm not senior enough to deal with it for him though - that needs to go up the chain rather than down but I can listen to him moan about it.
    Then came home and did my little jobs near home. Popped to the vet to get some more medication for my tuxedo girl, then to L1dl to get some stinky tinned fish to try and hide the meds in. Vet reckons cat will see it as a treat and take the medicine without noticing. Not so far - she ran away from the stinky fish. Also popped to collect some hearts for school as well then finally got home and put my feet up. Still need to have a shower but I'll do that before bed. My lovely cleaning lady has been and I have fresh, clean fluffy bedding tonight, which I am stupidly excited about. Small things and all that.
    Right. I'm going to catch up on here then settle in front of the telly with a cuppa and some crochet.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    My heating has come on :eek::eek::eek: Thermostat is set at 16 degrees so it must be cold I suppose.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    I'm so sorry - completely forgot to reply to your posts as well. I'm blaming work :rotfl:
    Dawn - I had no idea that jam sugar and preserving sugar aren't the same. I bought whichever one was on the shelf at Mr A - think it was jam sugar. My chilli sauce is tasty though - I really like sauces with food. Speky, my sandwich last night was just ham and cheese. Quick and easy, but I would have it on any sandwich except maybe tuna.
    Thanks for the recipe as well PF - I might try it on Sunday whilst I'm all zen and homely at the moment. That and some of Foxgloves cheeky home made fruity gin (or vodka).
    It is indeed observation time - looking forward to having mine out of the way by the end of the week. In an amazing twist of fate, the Head has asked me to observe the Deputy Head's lesson with him in a couple of weeks so that will be interesting. Being second in department I do the occasional classroom wander in the department but nothing formal like this. Good luck to all of my teacher friends on here with that coming up.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm so sorry - completely forgot to reply to your posts as well. I'm blaming work :rotfl:
    Dawn - I had no idea that jam sugar and preserving sugar aren't the same. I bought whichever one was on the shelf at Mr A - think it was jam sugar. My chilli sauce is tasty though - I really like sauces with food. Speky, my sandwich last night was just ham and cheese. Quick and easy, but I would have it on any sandwich except maybe tuna.

It is fab in tuna wraps CCL, so no reason why it wouldn't be in a sandwich :)
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Clean sheets are always a cause for celebration.

I know DH always has a special happy sigh when I change the bedding.

Hope it helps you sleep.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    You've all inspired me and I think a sandwich will be on the cards very soon!!

Are you crocheting anything for Xmas?
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options

Evening :coffee:
    Speky, I crochet in preparation for Christmas most of the year round. I have half a dozen blankets made and another one nearly finished. I want to do some shawls and hats as well but I'll see how that goes once I've finished this. I'm definitely branching out into foodstuffs and drinks this year as well...
    Another manic day at work. I got 20 minutes for lunch and 10 minutes at 3pm but they were my only down time between 8 and 5 today. I have my observation tomorrow but at least it will be over by this time tomorrow night. I feel like this week is getting away from me a bit and I'm going to have to spend some time catching up over the weekend. Never mind.
    There is very little else to report so I'll just make this a quick one and check in properly tomorrow. I'm spending some quality time with dd as she's actually in the living room for once.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hello :wave: :coffee:
    My adrenaline has gone and left me, and I am blimming exhausted tonight like you wouldn't believe! The observation has been and gone, and it was the best feedback I've ever had in 13 years of teaching so I'm thrilled to bits. I got nothing on the 'areas to improve' section so I'm doubly happy with that. However, the realisation that I still have 5 lessons to teach this week has hit and I am a bit underprepared for those lessons at the moment, without much energy to do anything about it. No matter - I have enough to get through what I need to get through.
    I feel like I haven't done anything productive with my free lessons this week at all because I've been too tired once the time has arrived. No frees tomorrow though. And I'll definitely need to do a couple of hours over the weekend to prepare for next week. I can't understand how I managed to fall so far behind.
    Got a rather pleasant email from bee tee today. I have built up so much credit on my account that I can have 2 months off from paying at all, and after that my dd is coming down by £30 a month. This is all fantastic news because it means I can put it straight in to the holiday payment. Time is ticking on and mine and the kids Canaries trip needs to be paid for by mid November and I had started to worry about finding the final bit of money for it. I'm going to have to do a bit of hard saving to avoid credit card use, but I'd rather the debt stayed linked to the divorce rather than on a holiday...
    Still thinking Christmas - I'm going to get some gin or vodka at the weekend and do one of Foxgloves fruity drinks as gifts. My Christmas is going to be one of the most frugal I have ever known - and I have been on a debt management plan with 2 nursery aged kids. This year is not going to break me, I'm certain of that.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Well done, that is great news about the observation and feedback. Had mine on Wednesday and just couldn't do any work last night as I was shattered. I always feel sick until it's over, which is crazy really.

I saw sloes in the hedgerow this week...sloe gin is always a possibility although Foxgloves' apple and blackberry sounded amazing!
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Brilliant news on your observation - a huge well done:j

I think you 'fell so far behind' because of the extra papers you were asked to do? You haven't really had any time spare for you let alone prep work, and what bit you have had has been taken up with worrying about solicitors etc.
    Give yourself a break.... you're doing really well, and I agree with you that 'this year is not going to break you' You'll come through stronger and wiser. (((hugs)))
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family