Add your feedback on energy supplier People's Energy

Comments

• mo786uk
    mo786uk Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    PE is quite a bit cheaper than my current supplier - so I presume prices would have to go up quite a lot to match existing supplier.

PE - whilst I appreciate you cannot guarantee price rises will you always be cheaper than the equivalent variable for the big 6?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    mo786uk wrote: »

PE - whilst I appreciate you cannot guarantee price rises will you always be cheaper than the equivalent variable for the big 6?

Any undertakings given on a public forum are meaningless. CS staff are rarely told about decisions made by senior management on future pricing until they are announced. Annual costs are also based on usage and postcode. This why most MSErs run a full market comparison once a month.
  • I am looking at going from Tonik to People's Energy as on Tonik's own forecast of my use in the next 12 months I will save £214.69, paying £999. The alternative was Engie who would give me a Fixed Price to September 2021 but charge £1,223. I concluded that even with a 10% per annum increase, mid-term in each year, I would be better-off with People's Energy.
    I also applaud their attitude, but if they do not live up to their promises or bring in huge increases I can easily jump ship.
  • noddy78
    noddy78 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Looking to move to people's energy from Bulb as comparison says i can make a good saving however anyone know of they have announced any upcoming prices rises?
  • I've just signed up and very excited to join the People's Energy community.

Company ethos and commitment to renewable energy sounds fantastic - we all need to support new and disruptive companies to make a difference to our struggling planet!

Savings sound amazing - should cut my bills by about a third.

Process to sign up was easier than I'd have thought possible - just name, address, expected annual usage and bank details - no need to enter anything about existing supplier.
    Instantly received the confirmation emails.
    They claim to take it from here and manage my switch.

I'll update the post once switch is complete - assuming I still have power to the laptop:rotfl:
    Very impressed so far!!

Alex
  • tgah100
    tgah100 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 11 November 2018 at 11:13AM
    Well I've pushed the button and the switch from Bulb to People's Energy is in motion... Lets hope is goes smoothly, I'll update as it goes.:j
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    alexhill wrote: »

Savings sound amazing - should cut my bills by about a third.

They claim to take it from here and manage my switch.
    Alex

Welcome to the forum. I assume if your savings are so high that you are a first time switcher?

The gaining supplier has the Licence obligation to manage the transfer of supply. There is no need to contact your present supplier. You should receive a Final Bill from your old supplier no later than 6 weeks after the actual transfer of supply.
  • Looking to switch...

Can you tell me please if you can fixed the rates instead of being on a variable rate, or at least pay a regular monthly DD?
    Thank you
  • Hey folks.

Do PE have a phone application for tracking and submitting meter readings?

I'm considering a switch from npower whose app is really useful, but not worth 30 odd quid a month . . .
  • I'm looking to switch from Outfox, so want to check if payments are the same over 12 months or are thery split higher winter/lower summer payments?? I'm looking for regular payments to plan my bills. Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback