Bulb Energy Reviews: Give your feedback on the energy supplier

Options

Comments

• James_Mass
    Options
    Time for me to switch as they have confirm they're now a WHD supplier.
    https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001245512-Can-I-get-the-Warm-Home-Discount-
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,496 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Thanks, James. Their 'broader group' criteria seem less broad than others. Maybe that's a tightening of the general rules, but I wouldn't qualify under those rules whereas I did last year with Ovo.

So it's possible I might be switching out...
  • emmb
    emmb Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    Just got a quote from Bulb
    Electricity unit 12.737p per kW and standing charge 24.56p per day
    Gas unit 2.945p per kWh and standing charge 24.56p per day loads more than Eon been with for 2 years

I’ve been with eon a while too and looking to see if switching is worth it.
    Are you on eon’s Energy plan which is the standard after a deal?
    I am and pay 15..41p with standing charge 15.64p day for Electricity
    and Gas is 3.907p Kwh with st chg 20.81p day

So, yes standing charge is more but usage price is less so personally, I’d save £220 +vat overall. Not sure why comparison site including MSE Energy Club quoting I’d save £300+. As much as £377!

Going just by comparison sites and even eOn’s own version of ‘Are you on our cheaper tariff?’ ..it makes me a bit suspect of going by their figures.
  • PaschalFun
    PaschalFun Posts: 241 Forumite
    Options
    emmb wrote: »
    So, yes standing charge is more but usage price is less so personally, I!!!8217;d save £220 +vat overall. Not sure why comparison site including MSE Energy Club quoting I!!!8217;d save £300+. As much as £377!

Are you looking at the same method of calculation?

Mosts sites conform to the Ofgem directed method of forward calculation.
    The CEC does not, and rather uses an historical cost calculation.. but there is the option to use the Ofgem method of calculation too :money:
  • The_Governor
    Options
    I'm currently with Scottish power on a Smart meter, am i likely to have problems switching?

One thing I have noticed is that on the actual gas meter outside there is no display of units used, it can on;y be seen via the smart meter?
  • donglefan
    donglefan Posts: 354 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    what is best way to switch to bulb at the moment? eg cashback site, referral etc?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    donglefan wrote: »
    what is best way to switch to bulb at the moment? eg cashback site, referral etc?

Via a personal referral link on the supplier’s website. This will earn you £50 for switching.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    emmb wrote: »
    I’ve been with eon a while too and looking to see if switching is worth it.
    Are you on eon’s Energy plan which is the standard after a deal?
    I am and pay 15..41p with standing charge 15.64p day for Electricity
    and Gas is 3.907p Kwh with st chg 20.81p day

So, yes standing charge is more but usage price is less so personally, I’d save £220 +vat overall. Not sure why comparison site including MSE Energy Club quoting I’d save £300+. As much as £377!

Going just by comparison sites and even eOn’s own version of ‘Are you on our cheaper tariff?’ ..it makes me a bit suspect of going by their figures.

Just a quick heads up emmb. We've tariffs cheaper than Energy Plan and without exit fees leaving you free to switch supplier without penalty. Might save you a bit whilst waiting to switch. Although, if you've started the switch, you won't be able to change tariff. If not, you can switch online through our website. The change will have immediate effect.

When doing comparisons, it's always best to use kWh rather than a money value. Pop your annual usage into the price comparison sites to see what's available throughout the market.

Our Could You Pay Less messages are an estimate of how much energy we think you'll use over the next 12 months. They're based on what we know at the time. This will be past usage plus how long was left on your old tariff at the time of the message. The remaining time will on Energy Plan prices. This is an estimate. As I say, for a more accurate picture, it's best to use the annual kWhs as above. You can find this information on your bills, annual summary and, if registered, on our website.

Sorry to lose you emmb and hope this helps.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • realaledrinker
    realaledrinker Posts: 1,661 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    There seems to be almost universal praise for Bulb on the forum but in my experience they are a bunch of incompetents with clueless CSAs and rubbish systems. See:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5834074

Ethical moneysaver
  • Delilah766
    Options
    I have just started the switching process to Bulb hrough the Big Switch but will have to pay early exit charges to my old supplier. One of the emails said that Bulb would pay this for me but I can’t find any info about how to do it. Can anyone help?
    Thanks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure