12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,995 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    girls are sneaky.. they wee on their changing mats and you don't know until you start putting their clothes back on and they are sopping wet!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • rinroo
    rinroo Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Congrats on the pink bump tata, there seems to be a lot of pink bumps lately :T hurrah for girls

I have my 20w scan tomorrow too scared to ask the sonographer to confirm babies sex as I keep dreaming they'll tell me I'm having a boy after buying all pink :o Can't help but think our private gender scan in wrong :eek:

I'd give my right arm for a decent nights sleep. Cannot sleep a wink at the minute. Keep having the most awful dreams, thinking DH is cheating - he isn't and I know its my hormones but it's awful - poor dh keeps getting it in the neck :rotfl: good job he puts up with me!
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    pigpen wrote: »
    girls are sneaky.. they wee on their changing mats and you don't know until you start putting their clothes back on and they are sopping wet!

Or she could be like one of my nieces who will only ever do a poo, straight after you've changed her wet nappy. You then change the pooey one, and she immediately wets the clean one! hahaha Drives my sister nuts.
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • tatabubbly
    tatabubbly Posts: 909 Forumite
    rinroo wrote: »
    Congrats on the pink bump tata, there seems to be a lot of pink bumps lately :T hurrah for girls

I have my 20w scan tomorrow too scared to ask the sonographer to confirm babies sex as I keep dreaming they'll tell me I'm having a boy after buying all pink :o Can't help but think our private gender scan in wrong :eek:

I'd give my right arm for a decent nights sleep. Cannot sleep a wink at the minute. Keep having the most awful dreams, thinking DH is cheating - he isn't and I know its my hormones but it's awful - poor dh keeps getting it in the neck :rotfl: good job he puts up with me!

Thanks Rinroo!! I actually had very similar dreams about my hubby - he was some sort of ginger stud in my dreams, all the ladies wanted him lol :rotfl:

Thanks Euronorris, I have a niece as well, 20 months and she's a wee be-ach when it comes to getting her nappy done. Although she's obsessed with the potty at the moment so hoping she gets on with that!

I've changed my fair few nappies, I've found girls a bit easier than boys. This may be as every bloody boy I've ever changed has peed on me :cool:

Mum also gave me some toys of my nieces she has grown out of, washed them today. I was so glad I picked some pink toys out.. :j
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Haha, I'm an aunty to 9, soon to be 10, and every single one of them has peed, pooped and vommed on me at some point!

I love reminding my eldest niece of this (now 16). She's at the age where she will soon be going out drinking with her pals (if she isn't already, as she'll soon be 17 and I know I was no angel! lol), and the whole vomming thing will probs start again haha
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    tatabubbly wrote: »

I've changed my fair few nappies

I've never changed a nappy in my life :O I have a nephew who is 1 but they live away so I've never done his. Will be a learning curve for me!
    rinroo wrote: »
    I'd give my right arm for a decent nights sleep. Cannot sleep a wink at the minute.

Oh me too! I'm back to weeing 4 times a night and I'm uncomfortable in every position. I am having weird dreams again too tho not as bad as yours!

I had the most relaxing pregnancy massage today for my birthday :D. It was wonderful, she was a good therapist and made sure I was comfortable throughout.

I'm so not in the mood for work tomorrow. I was sick 2 days last wk plus one day compassionate leave for funeral, and annual leave today. Luckily it's a short week!
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • Same here. I have trouble sleeping at the moment too and I'm only 17 weeks. I worry what it'll be like in a few months. Going to start reading up and looking back on comments about the pillows I think. Even with the jet lag after the long flights and holiday when I'm that sleepy I feel like I could drop off and nothing will disturb me I have trouble. Either weird numb legs or sore back or arms.

Had a horrid evening. I went to the loo and was bleeding so called the hospital, hoping they'd tell me not to worry and it happens. But they said to come in. So we were terrified. Sat around waiting for hours. No scan available as it was too late on. But they listened and heard a heart beat which was a huge relief. Panic started again when they said that that just meant the baby was safe at that second and i needed an internal exam and to be checked to see what caused it. More sitting around, only for them to then say "nah, should be fine. No exam needed". So still a bit nervy and on edge. But the bleeding stopped, no pains. So can only hope it was a one-off and nothing to worry about. They said rest for a few days and go back if it happens again or I get any pains. Had nothing like this since about 10 weeks when you almost expect a little. But now it seems more of a worry. Got to try and relax and hope for the best til 20 week scan in three weeks. Or maybe go for a private scan just to put our minds at rest.
    They told me that it was nothing to do with the flights at least, so I've thankfully not caused any risks by us going away. They say it's one of those things.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • I've never changed a nappy in my life :O I have a nephew who is 1 but they live away so I've never done his. Will be a learning curve for me!

Managed to avoid it with nephews and nieces too. I'm reminded of when I was 16 and used to babysit for extra money. The kids were usually asleep when I got there. But one night I had to change a nappy for the first time. Thankfully only a wee, not too bad. But I couldn't fasten the thing and ended up sellotaping it together on the poor kid.
    The mum was in hysterics when I told her. Surprisingly she STILL let me watch her after that.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • tatabubbly
    tatabubbly Posts: 909 Forumite
    Crazy cat lady, I hope your okay and I'm sure baby is happy as well. You did the right thing.
    Unbelievable that they didn't have an ultrasound machine as it was too late. Poor excuse in my book!

I babysat, have like 4 younger siblings and tons of cousins so nappy changing is not new to me (fortunately/unfortunately?)
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,995 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 22 March 2016 at 2:28PM
    cat lady.. often bleeds are from the cervix.. there is a lot of extra blood supply during pregnancy and the blood vessels sometimes just bleed for no reason.. Scan depts are usually shut after 4:30.. that is usual.. With DD1 I bled constantly.. they said it was a dodgy bit of placenta but it was in fact her twin who we lost at 8weeks pg whose tiny placenta was attached to DD1's and had become detached.. nothing at all to do with DD1 so totally harmless to her but a pain for me! Really they shouldnt do internal exams anyway, it increases the risk of infection and doesn't really tell them anything. If you are concerned ring the day unitt today and explain what happened.. they will probably squeeze you in for a scan.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business