IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NTK sent to OLD address

Options

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Maybe you need to remind the hospital of this from the NHS Car Parking Principles: -
    NHS organisations are responsible for the actions of private contractors who run car parks on their behalf.

NHS organisations should act against rogue contractors in line with the relevant codes of practice where applicable.
  • rashid
    rashid Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all, thank you so much all for your responses and helping. The hospital is St Helier Hospital, Sutton, Surrey. Can anyone help me with finding out the Hospital CEO etc contact details / email etc?

I have now sent DVLA the V5C with new address and am hoping to have that corrected by now.

I sent the appeal via email but didn't take a screenshot, is it too late?

Thanks
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    PALS information

https://www.epsom-sthelier.nhs.uk/pals

the CEO link is at the bottom of that page as well

https://www.epsom-sthelier.nhs.uk/complaints

then its over to the OMBUDSMAN, which is also listed on those pages

took me one minute to google it and find the 2 sets of details required
  • rashid
    Options
    I have already emailed PALS and The Ombudsman email is incorrect and bouncing back:
    Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

PSHO.enquiries@ombudsman.org.uk (PSHO.enquiries@ombudsman.org.uk)
    The email address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's email address and try to resend the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

Does anyone have the correct email?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    rashid wrote: »
    I have already emailed PALS and The Ombudsman email is incorrect and bouncing back:
    Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

PSHO.enquiries@ombudsman.org.uk (PSHO.enquiries@ombudsman.org.uk)
    The email address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's email address and try to resend the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

Did you look at the health service Ombudsman's webpage, also on that link supplied by Redx, or would you like someone else to do that for you?

This is a forum devoted to parking issues, nothing to to with the health service or their ombudsman.
  • Redx
    Options
    I have already emailed PALS

so if you are not happy with their reply you escalate it fIrst and complain to the CEO , BEFORE ESCALATING IT TO THE OMBUDSMAN if the CEO or trust fail to deal with it

its one step after another, so the OMBUDSMAN is there for a deadlock, not before
    You make a complaint in writing or by email.
    Address:
    Chief Executive
    Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust
    St Helier Hospital
    Wrythe Lane
    Carshalton
    SM5 1AA
    Email: [EMAIL="esth.complaints@nhs.net"]esth.complaints@nhs.net[/EMAIL].
    You can also phone our Complaints Team on 020 8296 3092.

When writing to or emailing us, don't forget to include:
    • your full name and address;
    • your phone number;
    • your hospital number (if you know it); and
    • as much information as you can about what happened, and where and when.
  • rashid
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Did you look at the health service Ombudsman's webpage, also on that link supplied by Redx, or would you like someone else to do that for you?

This is a forum devoted to parking issues, nothing to to with the health service or their ombudsman.

Yes i have followed RedX link and thats how i came to know that the NHS website has listed Ombudsman's email which does not work.

I am not talking about the NHS service, this IS about a parking ticket received in a hospital. Please read my post and the replies.

I have already emailed PALS before who refused to help. I have emailed them again and have also tried emailing the CEO as listed on the ST Helier Hospital's complaints web page but the email is not of the CEO but the complaints department.

I am trying to complain to the Health Ombudsman concurrently as i do not think PALS or the COMPLAINTS email address will help in cancelling the parking ticket like they refused before.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 January 2019 at 9:45PM
    Options
    Oh, did I misread your post?

The one that said:
    The Ombudsman email is incorrect and bouncing back:
    Absolutely nothing to do with parking.
  • Redx
    edited 11 January 2019 at 10:51PM
    Options
    the OMBUDSMAN service tells you that you can only complain to them when you have exhausted the other 2 processes and you have a deadlock letter from the trust

the address to complain to the CEO is on that page and I copied it above

the OMBUDSMAN SERVICE is an online complain service (not email) or alternatively you download a complaint form and fill it in and post it

stop trying to circumvent the system and do it properly, bit by bit

you need to have a reply from the trust as well as PALS before taking it to the Ombudsman

currently you dont have a reply to your complaint to the trust, so keep at them until you get one, because you cannot upload or enclose what you do not possess at the Ombudsman stage

then you can either do the Ombudsman online complaint, or fill the downloaded form in and post it, if the trust fail to deal with it
    ps , the email for PALS is

Email: [EMAIL="est-tr.PALS@nhs.net"]est-tr.PALS@nhs.net[/EMAIL]

whereas the complaints for the trust is

[EMAIL="esth.complaints@nhs.net"]esth.complaints@nhs.net[/EMAIL]
    so NOT the same
  • rashid
    Options
    hi guys

so i still haven't heard back from Empark however i was able to communicate to the Chief Executive of St Helier Hospital. He has after checking with his team shown me 2 photographs on of windscreen showing pcn and the other showing the car parked in a bay which at the bottom says "cars" according to him the full wording on the ground says Ambulance Cars and as such was parked in an ambulance bay etc. Even in the photograph you can see empty bays nearby & the time as 12:43.

he has offered me to pay original fine of £30 only to close the matter. Should i take this offer and close this matter down and is this my best option.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure